Wordpad line spacing

tramsru40214@yahoo.com

      2nd Nov 2003
In my Wordpad document, the first part is single-spaced
and the second part is double-spaced and is continuing to
double-space and I can't for the life of me figure out
why. All the font type and size is uniform. I've spent
way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
because I'm on the brink of insanity!

      2nd Nov 2003

click on single spacing.

Good luck

Robert

      2nd Nov 2003
On 02/11/2003 (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> In my Wordpad document, the first part is single-spaced
> and the second part is double-spaced and is continuing to
> double-space and I can't for the life of me figure out
> why. All the font type and size is uniform. I've spent
> way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
> because I'm on the brink of insanity!

_______________

Hi!
This can happen when you are pasting from a Web page or some other
document with double spacing.
Simply select the "faulty" lines/paragraphs, then apply single line
spacing to them.
Note that line spacing automatically carriers over from one paragraph
to the next each time you press the ENTER key. So if you have one
paragraph with double line spacing, all subsequent paragraphs will have
double line spacing unless and until you manually change this by
selecting the lines/paragraph where you want a change in line spacing
to occur.
--
Cheers,
Robert

Rob Schneider

      2nd Nov 2003
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> In my Wordpad document, the first part is single-spaced
> and the second part is double-spaced and is continuing to
> double-space and I can't for the life of me figure out
> why. All the font type and size is uniform. I've spent
> way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
> because I'm on the brink of insanity!

Mystery. I would suspect the printer driver. Don't know.

To avoid working the problem and fix the symptom. Select/Copy all the
text it Notepad. Save it as file in Notepad. Then open that new file in
Wordpad. All the formatting, including fonts, will have been stripped
out. May clear it.

Also, try another font.

Robert

      2nd Nov 2003
On 02/11/2003 Rob Schneider wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > In my Wordpad document, the first part is single-spaced
> > and the second part is double-spaced and is continuing to
> > double-space and I can't for the life of me figure out
> > why. All the font type and size is uniform. I've spent
> > way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
> > because I'm on the brink of insanity!

> Mystery. I would suspect the printer driver. Don't know.
>
> To avoid working the problem and fix the symptom. Select/Copy all
> the text it Notepad. Save it as file in Notepad. Then open that new
> file in Wordpad. All the formatting, including fonts, will have been
> stripped out. May clear it.
>
> Also, try another font.

_______________

Hi!
1) This is NOT a printing problem. Printing will only produce what is
visible in the document window. The double line spacing is apparent in
the document window. This problem has to be fixed at the document level.

2) Font formatting and paragraph formatting are 2 completely different
things. Since, "All the font type and size is uniform" in the document,
this is NOT a font formatting problem. Consequently, there is no point
in "stripping out" "all the formatting, including fonts". Opening the
document in Notepad to strip all formatting would be overkill.

3) All that needs to be done is to change the double line spacing to
single line spacing. This does not require to open the document in
another (plain text) editor. Here is how to proceed in WordPad which
lacks a line spacing paragraph formatting function:

a) Select the "faulty" lines with double line spacing.
b) Cut them to the Windows Clipboard (CTRL+X).
c) Use the WordPad "Edition | Paste Special" menu command and select
"Non formatted text" to insert the cut lines back into your document.

The "faulty lines" will be back, but with single line spacing. The
original font formatting will be kept.
--
Cheers,
Robert