Wordpad double spacing problem

Jeff Strickland

      14th Nov 2011

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
> sudden it
> will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that,
> and is
> there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

I suggest you test with another keyboard. I'd suspect doublestrikes on the
Return Key before I suspected a glich in the program.

Don Phillipson

      14th Nov 2011
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
> sudden it
> will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that,
> and is
> there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

Whatever the cause, if this presents a practical problem, you
can draft single-spaced and then reforrmat double-spaced.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Michael Black

      14th Nov 2011
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, Jeff Strickland wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a sudden
>> it
>> will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that,
>> and is
>> there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

> I suggest you test with another keyboard. I'd suspect doublestrikes on the
> Return Key before I suspected a glich in the program.

Or maybe not.

When I was using a Mac Plus, I spilled some soda on it. I thought I
cleaned the keyboard up properly, but suddenly I was getting two
characters for one key press on one key. So I take the keyboard apart,
desolder the keyswitch and put in a new one (obviously I happned to have a
keyswitch that fit, otherwise I wouldn't have done this), put it back
together and it still did it.

It was a bug in that early Microsoft Word for the Mac. Pressing that one
key (I think it was only one key) and the numeric keypad caused the
character to be entered twice. If I'd pressed any other key after
cleaning the keyboard, I'd have never noticed, or if I'd used some other
program, I'd have never noticed.

Not likely to happen to someone else, but I really thought it was the
keyboard that time (especially since I had spilled the soda, so there was
something to blame).

Michael

lulu@lotion.motion

      15th Nov 2011
Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a sudden it
will switch to what appears to be double spacing every line. Why is that, and is
there a way to make it go back to single spacing?

Jon Danniken

      15th Nov 2011
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
> sudden it will switch to what appears to be double spacing every
> line. Why is that, and is there a way to make it go back to single
> spacing?

Same thing happens to me when I try pasting wordpad text into another
application (I notice it a lot in OE).

I hope you find out what's causing it, as I usually end up bouncing between
OO and Notepad to try and monkey with it. I suspect it's a
linefeed/carriage return issue.

Have you tried Cetus wordpad?

Jon

lulu@lotion.motion

      18th Nov 2011
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:19:31 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
>> sudden it will switch to what appears to be double spacing every
>> line. Why is that, and is there a way to make it go back to single
>> spacing?

>Same thing happens to me when I try pasting wordpad text into another
>application (I notice it a lot in OE).
>
>I hope you find out what's causing it, as I usually end up bouncing between
>OO and Notepad to try and monkey with it. I suspect it's a
>linefeed/carriage return issue.
>
>Have you tried Cetus wordpad?

No. What's that?