In Word "the number must be between 1 and 3" printing envelope

Joan

      22nd Apr 2008
In Word 2007, When attempting to print and envelope or a label, after
clicking the print button an error dialog button pops up declaring "the
number must be between 1 and 31"

This occurs any time an envelope or label print is attempted, whether or not
the envelope has been added to the document.

Please help!

Joan

Graham Mayor

      23rd Apr 2008
Recent feedback suggests that this can occur if you have added a
header/footer to the normal template. In any case renaming the normal
template normal.dotm to normal.dotm.old should fix it.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Joan wrote:
> In Word 2007, When attempting to print and envelope or a label, after
> clicking the print button an error dialog button pops up declaring
> "the number must be between 1 and 31"
>
> This occurs any time an envelope or label print is attempted, whether
> or not the envelope has been added to the document.
>
> Please help!
>
> Joan

Joan

      23rd Apr 2008
This is a "virgin" install of Word 2007. The Normal template has not been
changed in any way. Still, I renamed as suggested. Still getting the darned
message. Safe mode running of Word still produces message.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Recent feedback suggests that this can occur if you have added a
> header/footer to the normal template. In any case renaming the normal
> template normal.dotm to normal.dotm.old should fix it.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> Joan wrote:
> > In Word 2007, When attempting to print and envelope or a label, after
> > clicking the print button an error dialog button pops up declaring
> > "the number must be between 1 and 31"
> >
> > This occurs any time an envelope or label print is attempted, whether
> > or not the envelope has been added to the document.
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > Joan

Joan

      1st May 2008
Anwering my own post here.

Renaming my user profile fixed the problem. Deleting the normal template
did not work, nor did uninstalling and reinstalling.

Joan

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Recent feedback suggests that this can occur if you have added a
> header/footer to the normal template. In any case renaming the normal
> template normal.dotm to normal.dotm.old should fix it.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> Joan wrote:
> > In Word 2007, When attempting to print and envelope or a label, after
> > clicking the print button an error dialog button pops up declaring
> > "the number must be between 1 and 31"
> >
> > This occurs any time an envelope or label print is attempted, whether
> > or not the envelope has been added to the document.
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > Joan

New Member

      12th Apr 2009
Joan,

Your solution of renaming the user profile was a wonderful idea. I created a new user profile and my problem of printing envelopes was fixed.

Thank you very much.

Roberta