Word MailMerge and Outlook Security

NorCalVikesFan

      9th Feb 2005
We have a Word VBA macro that sends e-mails using the
ActiveDocument.MailMerge
object. When we execute the ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Execute method Outlook
pops up the "An application is trying to access your address book..."
message on a system using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 (I believe).

We had this issue before and were able to give our customers a workaround
suggested by Microsoft. The work around was to use the Outlook Security
template and customize the security settings for particular users. This
worked in previous versions of Outlook/Exchange, but we are having some
difficulty getting it to work with the 2003 version.

My question is, will this method still work? Or have the security features
changed too much, preventing this method from working?

We haven't done too much experimenting with all of the settings yet. We
will continue to do that. I'm just trying to confirm that this method will
still work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      9th Feb 2005
Yes, that technique applies to all versions of Outlook from Outlook 2000 SP2
and later.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of