Word formatting changed

Red Stripe

      3rd Feb 2006
A document was opened in Word with different formatting than default type
settings. Now all documents have the formatting applied. Any clues how to
get back the original formats? TIA.

Stefan Blom

      3rd Feb 2006
Are you in Normal view? If changing to Print Layout view fixes the
problem, then make sure that "Draft font" is cleared on the View menu
of Tools>Options.

On the other hand, if the problem affects new documents (not existing
ones), try to rename the normal template so that Word creates a fresh
copy for you; instructions can be found at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm (see "Method
1" in the "The simplest fix: cleaning up Normal.dot" section).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Red Stripe" wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> A document was opened in Word with different formatting than
> default type
> settings. Now all documents have the formatting applied. Any clues
> how to
> get back the original formats? TIA.

Stefan Blom

      3rd Feb 2006
"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you in Normal view? If changing to Print Layout view fixes the
> problem, then make sure that "Draft font" is cleared on the View
> menu
> of Tools>Options.

Of course, I meant to say "View tab", not "View menu".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP