Word Document transfer to JPEG format

myers45

      13th Jan 2004

I'm new at this.. I'm trying for transfer a Word Document into JPE
format. I want to transfer a document into Microsoft Picture It .Whe
I'm using Picture It and I try to access the file, it doesn'
recongnize it, because of the Word format, however the file is ther
as shown by Properities

Mark Tangard

      14th Jan 2004
Hi myers45,

I don't believe there's a way to go directly from Word to JPEG, but
you can probably do it via one of a few known multi-step methods.
I'd probably print the file to Adobe Acrobat to make a PDF (requires
the full version of Acrobat, not the free Acrobat reader), then open
it in Acrobat and save it into JPG format. (PDFs are often the most
convenient connection between disparate formats.)

If the file is just a single page, AND if you don't care much about
the clarity of the result (for example, if you're just making a
thumbnail image) you could adjust the zoom in Word to display the
whole page, then press ALT+PrintScreen (puts an image of the active
window on the clipboard), then open an image-editing program and run
its Paste command, then crop out the non-document portion of the image.

One thought: If you've never heard of Acrobat or PDFs, and you *do*
care about the clarity of the final image (that is, you're trying to
create an image of your Word document that can't be easily edited),
then Acrobat is exactly what you want.

--
Mark Tangard, Microsoft Word MVP
Note well: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.

myers45 wrote:

> I'm new at this.. I'm trying for transfer a Word Document into JPEG
> format. I want to transfer a document into Microsoft Picture It .When
> I'm using Picture It and I try to access the file, it doesn't
> recongnize it, because of the Word format, however the file is there
> as shown by Properities.

Graham Mayor

      14th Jan 2004
You could use your fax software - faxes send graphics formats but the
resolution may be unacceptably low.
Better still SnagIt (link on the favourites page of my web site) is a superb
tool for this sort of thing. You can 'print' a multipage document to its
driver and it will save each page in whatever graphics format you can think
of - including jpg.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

myers45 wrote:
> I'm new at this.. I'm trying for transfer a Word Document into JPEG
> format. I want to transfer a document into Microsoft Picture It .When
> I'm using Picture It and I try to access the file, it doesn't
> recongnize it, because of the Word format, however the file is there
> as shown by Properities.

> ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
> http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Anthony Giorgianni

      14th Jan 2004
Pretty easy and fun, once you get the hang of it.

You can do this using PrtScrn - even better if you use a free print screen
software such as Gadwin Print Screen (http://www.gadwin.com/)

If the document is fairly large, you can do this in step.

Bring up the doc.

1) Hit the PrtScrn key (or use Gadwin or other software as directed) to save
the first portion to the clipboard.
2) Open MS Paint and paste in (ctrl V) the clip. Paint may ask you if you
want the bitmap enlarged to accommodate the clip. Click Yes.
3) At this point you probably want to enlarge the bitmap even more
(lengthwise and widthwise) to accept the other pieces. You can do this using
the "Image" menu and clicking on "attributes." Make sure you enlarge it
enough (you can always shrink the bitmap (white area) later (drag it smaller
or go back to attributes) if you make it too big.
piece, but you can drag it down or sideways (don't click it until you have
it in the right spot because that locks it in) so that the seam between the
two parts disappears. (Yes, you can stitch pieces together to ABSOLUTE
perfection using MS Paint!)
6) Repeat this as many time as needed to get all the pieces (you also can
make separate files if you are doing more than one page).
7) If you have the proper converters installed, Paint will save as a fairly
low quality jpeg. If not or if you need higher quality, save as a bitmap and
reopen in another software (MS Photo Ed, Adobe Photodeluxe, Photoshop, the
free Irfanview (http://www.topshareware.com/IrfanView-transfer-4113.htm) )
and resave as higher quality jpeg.)

This procedure works great and can be used for many things!!1 Post back if
you have problems and good luck.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

"myers45" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm new at this.. I'm trying for transfer a Word Document into JPEG
> format. I want to transfer a document into Microsoft Picture It .When
> I'm using Picture It and I try to access the file, it doesn't
> recongnize it, because of the Word format, however the file is there
> as shown by Properities.

Anthony Giorgianni

      14th Jan 2004
By the way, this procedure works great if you are trying to stitch together
a photo, graphic or document that you had to SCAN a piece at a time.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

<snip>