in a word application form how do i type inside a tick box?

jobhunter

      8th Jan 2008
filling in a job application form online, and i cant type inside the tick boxes

JoAnn Paules

      8th Jan 2008
It could be that the person who created the form didn't know what they were
doing. Contact the company who owns the application and inform them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"jobhunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> filling in a job application form online, and i cant type inside the tick
> boxes

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      8th Jan 2008
Ordinarily you check boxes in a form by clicking them with the mouse or
pressing the space bar.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"jobhunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> filling in a job application form online, and i cant type inside the tick
> boxes

New Member

      22nd Mar 2010
It could be that they haven't protected the document and therefore it won't of activated properly as a form.

Depending on how they want you to submit your application this is something you can normally fix yourself. Go to view and then toolbars and open the one for forms. The far right button, with the padlock on, should be highlighted. If it isn't then click on it to protect the document (the other buttons should now be greyed out). This should active the form so that hitting tab goes between the required fields that need filling in, and hitting space on boxes or clicking on them with the mouse will cross them.