In Word 2007, how do I lock the header and footer?

Eric Sender

      4th Oct 2008
I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
2000.

I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.

Thanks
Eric

$hri...!

      5th Oct 2008

The best way to do this is to make sure that you check Different First
Page in the Headers and Footers design tab. Then what I found I had to do
was to set up a document with two pages, to make sure the second (and
subsequent) pages truly are different. You can then save it as a template
for future use. Hope this helps

"Eric Sender" wrote:

> I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
> 2000.
>
> I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
> no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Jay Freedman

      5th Oct 2008
On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 14:49:18 -0700 (PDT), Eric Sender <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
>2000.
>
>I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
>no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.
>
>Thanks
>Eric

If you're referring to the code in the article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm then
it will work in Word 2007.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Graham Mayor

      5th Oct 2008
However like all macro based solutions it will only work if the users allow
the macro to run. Ultimately there is no way to stop a user from editing a
document that you allow them to open.

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com