word 2007 delete blank page keep headers

jannkatt

      13th Oct 2008
How can I delete the blank page at the end of a document after a section
break (next page) without deleting the previous page headers and footers? I
tried the suggestions on the "WorkWithSectionsContent" article but it did not
work. I made the header and footer on the blank page "same as previous",
then deleted the section break. But all my headers disappeared.

Thanks,
J.

vikram mundra

      13th Oct 2008
Follow these steps:

Make sure that you're in Draft view (Draft view: A view that shows text
formatting and a simplified page layout. Draft view is convenient for most
editing and formatting tasks.) (on the View menu in the status bar, click
Draft). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (¶), are not
visible, on Home, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide Paragraph mark.

* To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page
break or any paragraph markers (¶) at the end of the document, and then press
DELETE.

"jannkatt" wrote:

> How can I delete the blank page at the end of a document after a section
> break (next page) without deleting the previous page headers and footers? I
> tried the suggestions on the "WorkWithSectionsContent" article but it did not
> work. I made the header and footer on the blank page "same as previous",
> then deleted the section break. But all my headers disappeared.
>
> Thanks,
> J.

jannkatt

      13th Oct 2008
I tried this and was able to delete the blank page and keep the headers.
However, the formatting of the body got all messed up. Anyway to delete the
blank page, keep the headers, and keep the formatting in the body?

Thanks,
J.

"vikram mundra" wrote:

> Follow these steps:
>
> Make sure that you're in Draft view (Draft view: A view that shows text
> formatting and a simplified page layout. Draft view is convenient for most
> editing and formatting tasks.) (on the View menu in the status bar, click
> Draft). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (¶), are not
> visible, on Home, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide Paragraph mark.
>
> * To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page
> break or any paragraph markers (¶) at the end of the document, and then press
> DELETE.
>

> "jannkatt" wrote:
>
> > How can I delete the blank page at the end of a document after a section
> > break (next page) without deleting the previous page headers and footers? I
> > tried the suggestions on the "WorkWithSectionsContent" article but it did not
> > work. I made the header and footer on the blank page "same as previous",
> > then deleted the section break. But all my headers disappeared.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > J.

grammatim

      13th Oct 2008
Hopefully you did Undo to get back to where you were. Delete all
EXCEPT THE VERY LAST paragraph mark -- lots of formatting information
is stored "in" that last paragraph mark.

On Oct 13, 1:54 pm, jannkatt <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I tried this and was able to delete the blank page and keep the headers.
> However, the formatting of the body got all messed up. Anyway to delete the
> blank page, keep the headers, and keep the formatting in the body?
>
> Thanks,
> J.
>
> "vikram mundra" wrote:
> > Follow these steps:

> > Make sure that you're in Draft view (Draft view: A view that shows text
> > formatting and a simplified page layout. Draft view is convenient for most
> > editing and formatting tasks.) (on the View menu in the status bar, click
> > Draft). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (), arenot
> > visible, on Home, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide Paragraph mark.

> > * To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page
> > break or any paragraph markers () at the end of the document, and then press
> > DELETE.

> > "jannkatt" wrote:

> > > How can I delete the blank page at the end of a document after a section
> > > break (next page) without deleting the previous page headers and footers? I
> > > tried the suggestions on the "WorkWithSectionsContent" article but itdid not
> > > work. I made the header and footer on the blank page "same as previous",
> > > then deleted the section break. But all my headers disappeared.

> > > Thanks,
> > > J.

jannkatt

      13th Oct 2008
I tried this as well and it still messes up the formatting. Any other
suggestions?

Thanks,
J.

"grammatim" wrote:

> Hopefully you did Undo to get back to where you were. Delete all
> EXCEPT THE VERY LAST paragraph mark -- lots of formatting information
> is stored "in" that last paragraph mark.
>
> On Oct 13, 1:54 pm, jannkatt <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > I tried this and was able to delete the blank page and keep the headers.
> > However, the formatting of the body got all messed up. Anyway to delete the
> > blank page, keep the headers, and keep the formatting in the body?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > J.
> >
> > "vikram mundra" wrote:
> > > Follow these steps:

> > > Make sure that you're in Draft view (Draft view: A view that shows text
> > > formatting and a simplified page layout. Draft view is convenient for most
> > > editing and formatting tasks.) (on the View menu in the status bar, click
> > > Draft). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (¶), are not
> > > visible, on Home, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide Paragraph mark.

> > > * To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page
> > > break or any paragraph markers (¶) at the end of the document, and then press
> > > DELETE.

Idaho Word Man

      13th Oct 2008
In your original posting, you said "after a section break." You might try
placing your cursor at the end of the document (after the section break) and
then go to Page Setup - Format and set the section break to "Continuous"
instead of "Next Page."

Maybe this will help.

Fred

"jannkatt" wrote:

> I tried this as well and it still messes up the formatting. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> J.
>
> "grammatim" wrote:
>
> > Hopefully you did Undo to get back to where you were. Delete all
> > EXCEPT THE VERY LAST paragraph mark -- lots of formatting information
> > is stored "in" that last paragraph mark.
> >
> > On Oct 13, 1:54 pm, jannkatt <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> > > I tried this and was able to delete the blank page and keep the headers.
> > > However, the formatting of the body got all messed up. Anyway to delete the
> > > blank page, keep the headers, and keep the formatting in the body?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > J.

Idaho Word Man

      13th Oct 2008
Oops! I noticed after I posted that you said you were using 2007. My last
post will work in 2003, but I'm not sure how to get there in 2007. I hope the
logic will be similar enough to get you there.

Fred

"jannkatt" wrote:

> I tried this as well and it still messes up the formatting. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> J.
>
> "grammatim" wrote:
>
> > Hopefully you did Undo to get back to where you were. Delete all
> > EXCEPT THE VERY LAST paragraph mark -- lots of formatting information
> > is stored "in" that last paragraph mark.
> >
> > On Oct 13, 1:54 pm, jannkatt <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> > > I tried this and was able to delete the blank page and keep the headers.
> > > However, the formatting of the body got all messed up. Anyway to delete the
> > > blank page, keep the headers, and keep the formatting in the body?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > J.

Idaho Word Man

      13th Oct 2008
Arghhhhhhhhh! I'm screwing up big-time today. It's not Page Setup - Format;
it's Page Setup - Layout.

"jannkatt" wrote:

> I tried this as well and it still messes up the formatting. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> J.
>
> "grammatim" wrote:
>
> > Hopefully you did Undo to get back to where you were. Delete all
> > EXCEPT THE VERY LAST paragraph mark -- lots of formatting information
> > is stored "in" that last paragraph mark.
> >
> > On Oct 13, 1:54 pm, jannkatt <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> > > I tried this and was able to delete the blank page and keep the headers.
> > > However, the formatting of the body got all messed up. Anyway to delete the
> > > blank page, keep the headers, and keep the formatting in the body?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > J.

jannkatt

      13th Oct 2008
I tried this and it still doesn't work. I did find a way to do it though.
After making sure the header and footer on the blank page are the "same as
previous", then changing to Draft view and deleting the section break, the
formatting of the body was still messed up. But I checked the margins and
changed them back to what they should have been. Everything went back to the
way it should have been except for a few extra spaces below the header on a
couple of pages.

Thanks,
J.

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

> Arghhhhhhhhh! I'm screwing up big-time today. It's not Page Setup - Format;
> it's Page Setup - Layout.
>
> "jannkatt" wrote:
>
> > I tried this as well and it still messes up the formatting. Any other
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > J.
> >
> > "grammatim" wrote:
> >
> > > Hopefully you did Undo to get back to where you were. Delete all
> > > EXCEPT THE VERY LAST paragraph mark -- lots of formatting information
> > > is stored "in" that last paragraph mark.

New Member

      29th Apr 2011
In MsWord 2007 just go to "page layout" and "breaks" and click on "continous" the additional blank pages will get removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannkatt View Post