Event ID: 1001
Date: 4/2/2006
Time: 11:37:01 AM
Computer: AMD
Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the
system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries.

followed by:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: LoadPerf
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 4/2/2006
Time: 11:37:01 AM
Computer: AMD
Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded successfully.
then the same 2 entries again - no entries after that.

I've looked at MS and Google search - I can find other references to this service online but I can't find out WHAT is it ? and why
is it appearing today ? Maybe coincidence and only has to do with time change ?? Or is it related to my PcAnywhere repair ?

On my PC , under system-manage and services, I only see: WMI Performance Adapter - no WmiApRpl.

Heirloom

      2nd Apr 2006
Don't know what you looked for in Google, but, I got 269 results:
Hopefully, something there will address your issue.
Heirloom, old and must plant some flowers

"- Bobb -" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yesterday, on my Pc I noticed I had 2 version of Pc Anywhere: A Beta (
> V11) and an earlier full version.
> I went to control panel - uninstall beta and then it wanted to reboot - I
> did so and then dll error problems.
> I did a repair on full version - rebooted. Then OK, today I checked when I
> booted and my App Event log shows:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: LoadPerf
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1001
> Date: 4/2/2006
> Time: 11:37:01 AM
> Computer: AMD
> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed
> successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last
> Counter and Last Help registry entries.
>
> followed by:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: LoadPerf
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 4/2/2006
> Time: 11:37:01 AM
> Computer: AMD
> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded
> successfully.
> then the same 2 entries again - no entries after that.
>
> I've looked at MS and Google search - I can find other references to this
> service online but I can't find out WHAT is it ? and why is it appearing
> today ? Maybe coincidence and only has to do with time change ?? Or is it
> related to my PcAnywhere repair ?
>
> On my PC , under system-manage and services, I only see: WMI Performance
> Adapter - no WmiApRpl.

Wesley Vogel

      2nd Apr 2006
WmiApRpl.dll is the WMI Performance Reverse Adapter.

WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation service.

Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service
http://smallvoid.com/tweak/winnt/ser...z.html#WINMGMT

If you run DEFRAG or ProcessIdleTasks you'll get Event ID 1000 & 1001
LoadPerf.

Event ID: 1000
Source: LoadPerf
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sup...Perf&LCID=1033

Event ID: 1001

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
- Bobb - <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> Yesterday, on my Pc I noticed I had 2 version of Pc Anywhere: A Beta (
> V11) and an earlier full version.
> I went to control panel - uninstall beta and then it wanted to reboot - I
> did so and then dll error problems.
> I did a repair on full version - rebooted. Then OK, today I checked when
> I booted and my App Event log shows:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: LoadPerf
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1001
> Date: 4/2/2006
> Time: 11:37:01 AM
> Computer: AMD
> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed
> successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last
> Counter and Last Help registry entries.
>
> followed by:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: LoadPerf
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 4/2/2006
> Time: 11:37:01 AM
> Computer: AMD
> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded
> successfully.
> then the same 2 entries again - no entries after that.
>
> I've looked at MS and Google search - I can find other references to this
> service online but I can't find out WHAT is it ? and why is it appearing
> today ? Maybe coincidence and only has to do with time change ?? Or is
> it related to my PcAnywhere repair ?
>
> On my PC , under system-manage and services, I only see: WMI Performance
> Adapter - no WmiApRpl.

- Bobb -

      2nd Apr 2006
I did get plenty of Google hits - nothing useful though. I looked at many of them and they stated the info in the event log ( just
like mine) , but I don't know WHAT IS WmiApRpl and why is it NOW an issue on my PC ?

Bobb

"Heirloom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don't know what you looked for in Google, but, I got 269 results:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
> Hopefully, something there will address your issue.
> Heirloom, old and must plant some flowers
>
> "- Bobb -" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yesterday, on my Pc I noticed I had 2 version of Pc Anywhere: A Beta ( V11) and an earlier full version.
>> I went to control panel - uninstall beta and then it wanted to reboot - I did so and then dll error problems.
>> I did a repair on full version - rebooted. Then OK, today I checked when I booted and my App Event log shows:
>>
>> Event Type: Information
>> Event Source: LoadPerf
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1001
>> Date: 4/2/2006
>> Time: 11:37:01 AM
>> Computer: AMD
>> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of
>> the system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries.
>>
>> followed by:
>>
>> Event Type: Information
>> Event Source: LoadPerf
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1000
>> Date: 4/2/2006
>> Time: 11:37:01 AM
>> Computer: AMD
>> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded successfully.
>> then the same 2 entries again - no entries after that.
>>
>> I've looked at MS and Google search - I can find other references to this service online but I can't find out WHAT is it ? and
>> why is it appearing today ? Maybe coincidence and only has to do with time change ?? Or is it related to my PcAnywhere repair
>> ?
>>
>> On my PC , under system-manage and services, I only see: WMI Performance Adapter - no WmiApRpl.

- Bobb -

      2nd Apr 2006
Reply in text

"Wesley Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> WmiApRpl.dll is the WMI Performance Reverse Adapter.

Wesley , can you tell me simply what that is ?
and WHEN windows would use this ?
and why now ? ( and never previously in event log).

> WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation service.
>
> Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service
> http://smallvoid.com/tweak/winnt/ser...z.html#WINMGMT
>
> If you run DEFRAG or ProcessIdleTasks you'll get Event ID 1000 & 1001

Prior to posting I did go to Microsoft info and saw the links below - they state the same text that is in my app log - not an
explanation though. I'm not trying to be a wise-guy, just trying to find out what this is/does ? Is it important etc
I was used to seeing event 1000 in event log but not app log

Bob

> LoadPerf.
>
> Event ID: 1000
> Source: LoadPerf
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sup...Perf&LCID=1033
>
> Event ID: 1001
> Source: LoadPerf
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sup...Perf&LCID=1033
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> - Bobb - <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
>> Yesterday, on my Pc I noticed I had 2 version of Pc Anywhere: A Beta (
>> V11) and an earlier full version.
>> I went to control panel - uninstall beta and then it wanted to reboot - I
>> did so and then dll error problems.
>> I did a repair on full version - rebooted. Then OK, today I checked when
>> I booted and my App Event log shows:
>>
>> Event Type: Information
>> Event Source: LoadPerf
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1001
>> Date: 4/2/2006
>> Time: 11:37:01 AM
>> Computer: AMD
>> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed
>> successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last
>> Counter and Last Help registry entries.
>>
>> followed by:
>>
>> Event Type: Information
>> Event Source: LoadPerf
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 1000
>> Date: 4/2/2006
>> Time: 11:37:01 AM
>> Computer: AMD
>> Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded
>> successfully.
>> then the same 2 entries again - no entries after that.
>>
>> I've looked at MS and Google search - I can find other references to this
>> service online but I can't find out WHAT is it ? and why is it appearing
>> today ? Maybe coincidence and only has to do with time change ?? Or is
>> it related to my PcAnywhere repair ?
>>
>> On my PC , under system-manage and services, I only see: WMI Performance
>> Adapter - no WmiApRpl.

Wesley Vogel

      2nd Apr 2006
Bob,

I am glad that you replied [[in text]] and not in sign language, pictures,
audio or some other method. ;-)

WMI is part of the XP system and just runs once in a while doing various
things. Third party applications can use WMI and so can you, if you're so
inclined.

The WMI Performance Adapter Service (wmiapsrv.exe), for example, will run
and fill %windir%\PCHealth\HelpCtr\DataColl with System History info that
can be viewed in System Information (msinfo32.exe).

winmgmt.exe = Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
Runs under SVCHOST.EXE.

There are a bunch of WMI related files in XP.

Windows Management Infrastructure (WMI) (wmimgmt.msc) is another one.

[Windows Management Instrumentation service
Provides a common interface and object model to access management
information about operating system, devices, applications and services. If
this service is stopped, most Windows-based software will not function
properly.]

From The Elder Geek:
Windows Management Instrumentation Service
[[Real World Description: If you don't want your computer to work, set this
to Disabled. ]]

From Black Viper:
[Windows Management Instrumentation service
This service is required if you want to see the "Dependencies" tab in
service configuration and you want everything to go smoothly. I do not
recommend disabling this service as strange things may start to happen.]

From Snakefoot:
[Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service
Collects and provides system management information by tracking applications
and drivers.
Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI) is an implementation of Distributed
Management Task Force's (DMTF) Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM).
WBEM is a set of open, industry-defined specifications that unify and extend
the management of enterprise-computing environment.
The central part of WMI is the CIMOM (Common Interface Model Object Manager)
which is an interface to the CIM(Common Information Model) which actually is
a data container. WMI makes it possible for drivers, services, applications
to return information in form of data or events into the CIM.]

See: What is WMI and what can it do for me?
here...
Secrets of Windows Management Instrumentation
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...es/wmifaq.mspx

Introduction to WMI
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...1e6bc6.xml.asp

See: Windows Management Instrumentation overview
In Help and Support.