Wireless Network Connection

Sherberthead

      26th Jun 2009

I have an Acer Aspire 1690 laptop with Windows XP.
To get my BT wireless connection to the internet I have to click
Start>Connect to>Show all connections>Right click Wireless Network
Connection>Right click Properties>Wireless Networks>Use Windows to configure
my wireless network settings>highlight my network>OK, and connection is then
made.
However when I first start my computer and go through the above procedure
to the Right click Properties stage the Wireless Networks tab is not
available (only General and Advanced tabs). When I then restart the computer
and go through the procedure the Wireless Networks tab is available and I can
make my connection.
Frustrating and a waste of time.
Any suggestions, please?
--
Herbert

Jack [MVP-Networking]

      26th Jun 2009

Hi
Something is wrong with the basic configuration of the Wireless Connection.
Go over the whole system, maybe this can Help.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...