PC Review


Reply
 
 
JJBENZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2007
Hi everyone. My problem is that i can't connect my laptop to the wireless
router in N mode only in G mode, already checked the router config and it's
ok (it is on mix mode: b,g,n), what i dont know is what to do on windows
vista to be able to connect in N mode (switching between modes, or
frequency). Wireless R: Linksys WRT300N, Wireless adapter: Intel 4965AGN,
Laptop: Dell Vostro 1500, Vista 32b.

Hope someone could help me.
--
Thanks JJBenz
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Barb Bowman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2007
do you have the most recent driver from the Intel site? do you have
the most recent firmware for the router?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:48:02 -0800, JJBENZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi everyone. My problem is that i can't connect my laptop to the wireless
>router in N mode only in G mode, already checked the router config and it's
>ok (it is on mix mode: b,g,n), what i dont know is what to do on windows
>vista to be able to connect in N mode (switching between modes, or
>frequency). Wireless R: Linksys WRT300N, Wireless adapter: Intel 4965AGN,
>Laptop: Dell Vostro 1500, Vista 32b.
>
>Hope someone could help me.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gary Mount
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2007
I could only connect to my wireless g router at 11mb (b) speeds after
resetting it and reconfiguring it. I finally turned off the router then
turned it back on and was back to 55 mb (g). So that could be something to
try.

"JJBENZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone. My problem is that i can't connect my laptop to the wireless
> router in N mode only in G mode, already checked the router config and
> it's
> ok (it is on mix mode: b,g,n), what i dont know is what to do on windows
> vista to be able to connect in N mode (switching between modes, or
> frequency). Wireless R: Linksys WRT300N, Wireless adapter: Intel 4965AGN,
> Laptop: Dell Vostro 1500, Vista 32b.
>
> Hope someone could help me.
> --
> Thanks JJBenz


 
Reply With Quote
 
JJBENZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Dec 2007
Hi Barb. Yes i got the most recent driver and firmware. Maybe this could help
you help me: my friend have a Sony Viao, and he has an app "Wireless switch
utility" with wich you can change from wireless frequency (i think is 20Mhz
and 40Mhz). But this app is from sony and my dell machine didn't come with
this. Any idea, i think is a problem of adapter config, but i have poor
knowledge on that.
--
Thanks JJBenz


"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> do you have the most recent driver from the Intel site? do you have
> the most recent firmware for the router?
>
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:48:02 -0800, JJBENZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi everyone. My problem is that i can't connect my laptop to the wireless
> >router in N mode only in G mode, already checked the router config and it's
> >ok (it is on mix mode: b,g,n), what i dont know is what to do on windows
> >vista to be able to connect in N mode (switching between modes, or
> >frequency). Wireless R: Linksys WRT300N, Wireless adapter: Intel 4965AGN,
> >Laptop: Dell Vostro 1500, Vista 32b.
> >
> >Hope someone could help me.

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Barb Bowman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Dec 2007
Well, try changing the setting on the ROUTER. You can select 20 or
40 on the WRT300N. See what it is set at now and try the other
setting.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:09:00 -0800, JJBENZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Barb. Yes i got the most recent driver and firmware. Maybe this could help
>you help me: my friend have a Sony Viao, and he has an app "Wireless switch
>utility" with wich you can change from wireless frequency (i think is 20Mhz
>and 40Mhz). But this app is from sony and my dell machine didn't come with
>this. Any idea, i think is a problem of adapter config, but i have poor
>knowledge on that.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Astro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Dec 2007
Hi everyone: I have the exact same problem with a Fujitsu E8410 also with a
Intel 4965AGN and Windows Vista Business laptop. I can connect in G but not
N. I have a Linksys WRT350N router and both the router and laptop have been
updated with the latest drivers from Linksys and Fujitsu. I tried to use the
latest Intel 4965AGN driver but it makes the Fujitsu stop working all
together, not sure what thats about. I can set the router to wireless N only
and I have two desktops one with a Linksys WMP300N wirless-N PCI adapter and
one with a Netgear RangeMax WN111-100NAS Wireless-N USB 2.0 adapter and all
are using WPA2 Personal with Encryption of AES. I have been writing emails
back to Fujitsu for a couple of weeks now but they just keep telling me to
unload and reload the driver. I have looked at the Event log when it fails
to connect and get the following error: "802.11 connection failed due to
status code 18: Association denied due to requesting station not supporting
all of the data rates in the BSSBasicRateSet parameter" It then says to view
the wireless network adapter settings and verify they are compatible with the
network which I assume they are i.e. both wireless N. Any ideas.

"JJBENZ" wrote:

> Hi everyone. My problem is that i can't connect my laptop to the wireless
> router in N mode only in G mode, already checked the router config and it's
> ok (it is on mix mode: b,g,n), what i dont know is what to do on windows
> vista to be able to connect in N mode (switching between modes, or
> frequency). Wireless R: Linksys WRT300N, Wireless adapter: Intel 4965AGN,
> Laptop: Dell Vostro 1500, Vista 32b.
>
> Hope someone could help me.
> --
> Thanks JJBenz

 
Reply With Quote
 
Barb Bowman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Dec 2007
there are a lot of unhappy folks in this situation (as you can see).
Intel has drivers on their site too, but recommends that you get
drivers from your OEM (as you have done). You could try the Intel
drivers as well.

supposedly WPA2 should connect at N speeds
(http://support.intel.com/support/wir.../cs-025643.htm
)

Try all the available settings on the router and see if the laptop
connects at N speeds.

b/g/n
g/n

that's about all I can suggest.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:40:01 -0800, Bob Astro
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi everyone: I have the exact same problem with a Fujitsu E8410 also with a
>Intel 4965AGN and Windows Vista Business laptop. I can connect in G but not
>N. I have a Linksys WRT350N router and both the router and laptop have been
>updated with the latest drivers from Linksys and Fujitsu. I tried to use the
>latest Intel 4965AGN driver but it makes the Fujitsu stop working all
>together, not sure what thats about. I can set the router to wireless N only
>and I have two desktops one with a Linksys WMP300N wirless-N PCI adapter and
>one with a Netgear RangeMax WN111-100NAS Wireless-N USB 2.0 adapter and all
>are using WPA2 Personal with Encryption of AES. I have been writing emails
>back to Fujitsu for a couple of weeks now but they just keep telling me to
>unload and reload the driver. I have looked at the Event log when it fails
>to connect and get the following error: "802.11 connection failed due to
>status code 18: Association denied due to requesting station not supporting
>all of the data rates in the BSSBasicRateSet parameter" It then says to view
>the wireless network adapter settings and verify they are compatible with the
>network which I assume they are i.e. both wireless N. Any ideas.
>
>"JJBENZ" wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone. My problem is that i can't connect my laptop to the wireless
>> router in N mode only in G mode, already checked the router config and it's
>> ok (it is on mix mode: b,g,n), what i dont know is what to do on windows
>> vista to be able to connect in N mode (switching between modes, or
>> frequency). Wireless R: Linksys WRT300N, Wireless adapter: Intel 4965AGN,
>> Laptop: Dell Vostro 1500, Vista 32b.
>>
>> Hope someone could help me.
>> --
>> Thanks JJBenz

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barb Bowman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Dec 2007
Are you using WPA2-Personal? if you are using WPA-TKIP, it will only
connect at G data rates.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:09:00 -0800, JJBENZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Barb. Yes i got the most recent driver and firmware. Maybe this could help
>you help me: my friend have a Sony Viao, and he has an app "Wireless switch
>utility" with wich you can change from wireless frequency (i think is 20Mhz
>and 40Mhz). But this app is from sony and my dell machine didn't come with
>this. Any idea, i think is a problem of adapter config, but i have poor
>knowledge on that.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
 
Reply With Quote
 
DevilsPGD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Dec 2007
In message <(E-Mail Removed)> Bob
Astro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi everyone: I have the exact same problem with a Fujitsu E8410 also with a
>Intel 4965AGN and Windows Vista Business laptop. I can connect in G but not
>N. I have a Linksys WRT350N router and both the router and laptop have been
>updated with the latest drivers from Linksys and Fujitsu. I tried to use the
>latest Intel 4965AGN driver but it makes the Fujitsu stop working all
>together, not sure what thats about. I can set the router to wireless N only
>and I have two desktops one with a Linksys WMP300N wirless-N PCI adapter and
>one with a Netgear RangeMax WN111-100NAS Wireless-N USB 2.0 adapter and all
>are using WPA2 Personal with Encryption of AES. I have been writing emails
>back to Fujitsu for a couple of weeks now but they just keep telling me to
>unload and reload the driver. I have looked at the Event log when it fails
>to connect and get the following error: "802.11 connection failed due to
>status code 18: Association denied due to requesting station not supporting
>all of the data rates in the BSSBasicRateSet parameter" It then says to view
>the wireless network adapter settings and verify they are compatible with the
>network which I assume they are i.e. both wireless N. Any ideas.


I've got the same card, and the same issue. Try turning off encryption
entirely on the access point, see if you can connect in N mode in that
configuration.

(Obviously this isn't a solution, just a diagnostic step)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barb Bowman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      20th Dec 2007
see
http://support.intel.com/support/wir.../cs-025643.htm
for the reason I mentioned WPA2, etc.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:09:00 -0800, JJBENZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Barb. Yes i got the most recent driver and firmware. Maybe this could help
>you help me: my friend have a Sony Viao, and he has an app "Wireless switch
>utility" with wich you can change from wireless frequency (i think is 20Mhz
>and 40Mhz). But this app is from sony and my dell machine didn't come with
>this. Any idea, i think is a problem of adapter config, but i have poor
>knowledge on that.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless Client Cannot Reconnect to a Wireless Access Point =?Utf-8?B?YmxvY2tpc2xlOQ==?= Windows XP Help 2 20th Mar 2004 11:05 PM
Re: URGENT: Loss of wireless connection when hitting another wireless network Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows] Windows XP Networking 7 10th Aug 2003 10:20 PM
Wireless connection dropped after another wireless fnd jds Windows XP Networking 1 7th Aug 2003 04:32 AM
WinXP wireless worked , added a LAN connection and wireless doesntwork paul Windows XP Networking 1 2nd Aug 2003 07:41 PM
Wireless XP wireless help needed caveman Windows XP Networking 1 25th Jul 2003 08:50 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:38 PM.