Wireless Mouse and Windows 2000 SP4 Boot Up Problem

DaffyDŽ

      22nd Dec 2008
I just bought a USB Microsoft wireless mouse and it works fine. But when the
wireless receiver is plugged into the USB powered hub and I reboot my
computer it's just a blank screen. When I unplug the receiver and reboot,
everything's OK again. I can then plug the receiver back in and the mouse
works.

Any ideas what may be causing this? This behavior never happened with a
wired optical mouse.

I'm posting this to this newsgroup because I never got an answer to this in
the W2K general newsgroup. I've also been unable to find an answer to this
question on the web

Dave Patrick

      22nd Dec 2008
Mostly the same people read this one as well. If the device is new then
there may not be a driver for Windows 2000 from the manufacturer. You might
try uninstalling the device from Device Manager and let windows use a
generic device driver.

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"DaffyDŽ" wrote:
>I just bought a USB Microsoft wireless mouse and it works fine. But when
>the
> wireless receiver is plugged into the USB powered hub and I reboot my
> computer it's just a blank screen. When I unplug the receiver and reboot,
> everything's OK again. I can then plug the receiver back in and the mouse
> works.
>
> Any ideas what may be causing this? This behavior never happened with a
> wired optical mouse.
>
> I'm posting this to this newsgroup because I never got an answer to this
> in
> the W2K general newsgroup. I've also been unable to find an answer to this
> question on the web

DaffyDŽ

      24th Dec 2008
I tried that. The generic driver is installed. For some reason, it blocks
W2K from starting. I guess there's no easy tech answer to this problem.

"Dave Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mostly the same people read this one as well. If the device is new then
> there may not be a driver for Windows 2000 from the manufacturer. You

might
> try uninstalling the device from Device Manager and let windows use a
> generic device driver.
>

> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "DaffyDŽ" wrote:
> >I just bought a USB Microsoft wireless mouse and it works fine. But when
> >the
> > wireless receiver is plugged into the USB powered hub and I reboot my
> > computer it's just a blank screen. When I unplug the receiver and

reboot,
> > everything's OK again. I can then plug the receiver back in and the

mouse
> > works.
> >
> > Any ideas what may be causing this? This behavior never happened with a
> > wired optical mouse.
> >
> > I'm posting this to this newsgroup because I never got an answer to this
> > in
> > the W2K general newsgroup. I've also been unable to find an answer to

this
> > question on the web

Dave Patrick

      24th Dec 2008
What does that mean? blue screen stop error?

--

"DaffyDŽ" wrote:
>I tried that. The generic driver is installed. For some reason, it blocks
> W2K from starting. I guess there's no easy tech answer to this problem.

DaffyDŽ

      4th Jan 2009
There is no blue screen at all. It's a blank black screen. There's no bootup
screens at all showing the memory, the screen where it says to press F8,
nothing. I was going to buy a new wireless mouse since the one I was trying
out belongs to my daughter--she bought it for her laptop--but I'm not sure
if any wireless mouse would cause this problem. A wired mouse works fine.

"Dave Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What does that mean? blue screen stop error?
>

> --
>
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "DaffyDŽ" wrote:
> >I tried that. The generic driver is installed. For some reason, it blocks
> > W2K from starting. I guess there's no easy tech answer to this problem.

Dave Patrick

      4th Jan 2009
If the pc stops at some point before windows starts then for some reason
your mobo isn't happy with it. So simply unplugging the device allows
windows to start up?

--

"DaffyDŽ" wrote:
> There is no blue screen at all. It's a blank black screen. There's no
> bootup
> screens at all showing the memory, the screen where it says to press F8,
> nothing. I was going to buy a new wireless mouse since the one I was
> trying
> out belongs to my daughter--she bought it for her laptop--but I'm not sure
> if any wireless mouse would cause this problem. A wired mouse works fine.

New Member

      23rd Jan 2012
I have the same problem, anyone have a solution yet?