Wireless Connection and article 871122

Greg

      23rd Aug 2004
When I open my wireless network connection, I no longer
get a list of wireless networks in range, but get the
following message:

Windows cannot configure this wireless connection
If you have enabled another program to manage this
wireless connection, use that software.
If you want Windows to configure this wireless
connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
service. For information about starting the WZC service,
see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the
microsoft.com Web site.

Previously I could view the wireless networks in range.
However, after unsuccesfully loading my SBC/Yahoo
DSL/wireless gateway software, I apparently changed some
settings that I can't change back and no where on the MS
website is there anything that discusses my particular
predicament. Sure, there are articles that seem to
relate but in reality don't apply. In addition, I could
not find this "article 871122."

Can anyone please help?!?!?!

Lance

      23rd Aug 2004
Try here for Knowledgebase artice 871122:
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;871122&Product=winxp>

Sounds like the SBC/Yahoo software may have turned off Wireless Zero
Configuration service. The article 871122 gives instructions on how to
turn it back on.

Lance
*****

Greg thought carefully and wrote on 8/22/2004 7:46 PM:

> When I open my wireless network connection, I no longer
> get a list of wireless networks in range, but get the
> following message:
>
> Windows cannot configure this wireless connection
> If you have enabled another program to manage this
> wireless connection, use that software.
> If you want Windows to configure this wireless
> connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
> service. For information about starting the WZC service,
> see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the
> microsoft.com Web site.
>
> Previously I could view the wireless networks in range.
> However, after unsuccesfully loading my SBC/Yahoo
> DSL/wireless gateway software, I apparently changed some
> settings that I can't change back and no where on the MS
> website is there anything that discusses my particular
> predicament. Sure, there are articles that seem to
> relate but in reality don't apply. In addition, I could
> not find this "article 871122."
>
> Can anyone please help?!?!?!

Greg

      23rd Aug 2004
Thanks for helping point me to the appropriate link. The
direction the article gave for restarting my WZC worked.

Lance

      23rd Aug 2004
Thanks for the feedback
Lance
*****

Greg thought carefully and wrote on 8/22/2004 8:47 PM:

> Thanks for helping point me to the appropriate link. The
> direction the article gave for restarting my WZC worked.

New Member

      21st Sep 2007
I had a smilar problem and applied the steps to start the WZC service. BUT I have to go through these steps whenever I restart the computer. Is there a way to start the WZC so the I dont have to go through these steps whenever the computer restarts?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

New Member

      9th Dec 2007
This worked for Windows XP. First click on the wireless icon on the desktop..
it will open the box for Wireless Network Connection-Choose a wireless network.
On the left side of this box you will see Related Task....under this click on Change the order of preffered networks. At this point you have opened the box "Wireless Network Properties"....now look below and check mark the box next to "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings after this go to the bottom and click OK. Now close the box. Presto !!!!!! Good Luck everyone & I hope you find this information as being helpful.

New Member

      3rd Dec 2008
zetazerozap
Yes, this works, although I find it better to go to Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, then Services, then click on WZC and start the service. The problem is, it resets when you restart the computer which basically means you have to go through this exercise whenever you start up and connect to wireless. Does anyone know how to prevent this happening?
Pakiti

New Member

      3rd Dec 2008
Oops, meant to say I am running Windows XP and connect to my network via a modem

New Member

      11th Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaycee55
I had a smilar problem and applied the steps to start the WZC service. BUT I have to go through these steps whenever I restart the computer. Is there a way to start the WZC so the I dont have to go through these steps whenever the computer restarts?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
ooooooo

New Member

      11th Feb 2009
help me with my qoate pls rapidly so i can continue in use