wireless connection always chosen

Kyle

      27th Apr 2004
I have a wireless network both at home and we have on at my office as well.
When at home, i use the wireless exclusively, but at work, I plug into a
network; however, my wireless connection is always choosen, even though it
is the slower connection. I understood that XP would select the best
connection if 2 were available. Now, I have to disable my wireless
connection everytime I come to work, and then re-enable it at home.

Is there a way to tell XP to pick the best possible, or is there some where
you need to turn this option on? I can't seem to find any settings to do
this.

Thanks.

joust in jest

      27th Apr 2004
Create two Hardware Profiles
"Home" profile: Disable the nic
"Work" profile: Disable wireless

When you boot, you will be given the option to choose which profile to boot
up as.

steve

"Kyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a wireless network both at home and we have on at my office as

well.
> When at home, i use the wireless exclusively, but at work, I plug into a
> network; however, my wireless connection is always choosen, even though it
> is the slower connection. I understood that XP would select the best
> connection if 2 were available. Now, I have to disable my wireless
> connection everytime I come to work, and then re-enable it at home.
>
> Is there a way to tell XP to pick the best possible, or is there some

where
> you need to turn this option on? I can't seem to find any settings to do
> this.
>
> Thanks.

Sitaraman

      27th Apr 2004
I have a USB wireless adapter and the app that comes with it allows me to
sort the order in which to connect to available wireless networks.
What hardware are you using for connecting?
Sitaraman