WinXP how to receive fax with PC wakeup and auto forward as email

glnz

      17th Jan 2009
Ok - here's a challenge for you all: How do I set up my Win XP Pro SP3 PC at
home so that when a fax comes in on my fax phone line that goes to a
modemcard in the PC, it wakes up the PC, the PC receives the fax and then the
PC forwards it automatically by email to two or three pre-designated email
recipients?

To make this worse, I'm not sure what I mean by "wake up" the PC. I
understand there are varied levels of reduced power consumption, and I'm not
sure how low I can go so that the PC is still "wakeable" fast enough to
receive the fax. On this score, I might be a bit ahead of the game because
the PC is a newish Dell Optiplex 755 with built-in ASF and (if I turn it back
on) AMT. (I don't know what ASF or AMT mean, although they sort of sound like
a cup of coffee for a PC at rest.)

On this PC, I prefer to use MS Outlook Express for email although I could
turn on my Outlook if strictly necessary or install a different email
program. (I have Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2003. I could try to install
Outlook 2000, but I'd rather not.)

Can you tell I'm somewhere between a newbie and a home intermediate? Please
do throw technical lingo at me, but I'll need it translated into English and
then granular step-by-step instructions.

Thanks!

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      17th Jan 2009
Not supported.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"glnz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok - here's a challenge for you all: How do I set up my Win XP Pro SP3 PC
> at
> home so that when a fax comes in on my fax phone line that goes to a
> modemcard in the PC, it wakes up the PC, the PC receives the fax and then
> the
> PC forwards it automatically by email to two or three pre-designated email
> recipients?
>
> To make this worse, I'm not sure what I mean by "wake up" the PC. I
> understand there are varied levels of reduced power consumption, and I'm
> not
> sure how low I can go so that the PC is still "wakeable" fast enough to
> receive the fax. On this score, I might be a bit ahead of the game because
> the PC is a newish Dell Optiplex 755 with built-in ASF and (if I turn it
> back
> on) AMT. (I don't know what ASF or AMT mean, although they sort of sound
> like
> a cup of coffee for a PC at rest.)
>
> On this PC, I prefer to use MS Outlook Express for email although I could
> turn on my Outlook if strictly necessary or install a different email
> program. (I have Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2003. I could try to
> install
> Outlook 2000, but I'd rather not.)
>
> Can you tell I'm somewhere between a newbie and a home intermediate?
> Please
> do throw technical lingo at me, but I'll need it translated into English
> and
> then granular step-by-step instructions.
>
> Thanks!

glnz

      17th Jan 2009
Mr. Valentine: After a fax comes in and shows in the Inbox of MS Fax Console
5.1, I can right-click it and "mail it" manually, currently by Outlook
Express . No way to automate this? Thanks.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      17th Jan 2009
No on all counts:
1. You can't use forward with faxes. You have to Open the fax then Print it
to your fax printer and generate a new fax.
2. You can't automate forwarding with a rule.
http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q191/7/76.asp
3. You can't configure XP Fax to wake the computer on ring to receive a fax.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"glnz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mr. Valentine: After a fax comes in and shows in the Inbox of MS Fax
> Console
> 5.1, I can right-click it and "mail it" manually, currently by Outlook
> Express . No way to automate this? Thanks.

New Member

      1st Oct 2009
Yes, we can do it for you!

We can automate the task you want (forward a fax received to one or many email accounts you will specify to us) with our Windows Automation Services.

Check http://www.successful-soft.com/index...utomation.html and send us an email to tell you more.

Cheers!