WinXP cd key

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbnI=?=

      26th Jun 2007
So after a reformat and installation of XP, I use the same CD key that I
bought with my own money, and it says it's an invalid key and it's been used
too many times (3 reformats in the past year?)

So while trying to update Windows it says I need to validate, but I can't
because of the key. So I pay $99 for Microsoft Windows Product Key Update
Tool and the new product key. Due to clicking one too many times on the
internet, I get a buttload of viruses/adware whatever you want to call it, so
I figure instead of painstackingly trying to shut down each and every single
one of them, I reformatted again. AND I CANT USE THIS SAME CD KEY THATS BEEN
ACTIVE FOR NO MORE THAN A WEEK. I don't understand, it says "The new product
key you are using to update has been previously used or is already in use."
Do I seriously have to pay another freaking 99 dollars just to update
Windows?? Right now it's looking like either that or paying 50 dollars to
speak with a rep via Microsoft email/chat who might just tell me "you have to
buy another one"! I'm really frustrated! Please help.

Brian Komar

      26th Jun 2007
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:28:04 -0700, Stephenr wrote:

> understand, it says "The new product
> key you are using to update has been previously used or is already in use."
> Do I seriously have to pay another freaking 99 dollars just to update
> Windows?? Right now it's looking like either that or paying 50

Phone in and explain your situation.
Brian

Gordon

      26th Jun 2007
"Stephenr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So after a reformat and installation of XP, I use the same CD key that I
> bought with my own money, and it says it's an invalid key and it's been
> used
> too many times (3 reformats in the past year?)

So just use the phone option.

Shadrach Flint

      26th Jun 2007
Are you real or a nut?