Rich

      27th Apr 2005
I have tried several times using Microsoft Spyware to get
rid of WinPup to no avail. WinPup seems to regenerate
itself constantly.

Bill Sanderson

      27th Apr 2005
Have you tried restarting in safe mode and doing full, deep, scans until one
comes through clean?

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

news:064901c54b4c$28cedb10$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have tried several times using Microsoft Spyware to get
> rid of WinPup to no avail. WinPup seems to regenerate
> itself constantly.

Randy Knobloch

      28th Apr 2005
"Bill Sanderson" wrote:
> Have you tried restarting in safe mode and doing full, deep, scans until one comes
> through clean?

Ron Kinner's services will be required on this one, as it has many variants
and is very difficult to remove.
Limited information here;
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner...up/index.phtml

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Bill Sanderson

      28th Apr 2005
Thanks, Randy--I was going by the "if MSAS identifies it it should be able
to clean it rule."

I suspect you are right, I don't know the bug.

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

"Randy Knobloch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eK%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
>> Have you tried restarting in safe mode and doing full, deep, scans until
>> one comes through clean?

> Ron Kinner's services will be required on this one, as it has many
> variants
> and is very difficult to remove.
> Limited information here;
> http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner...up/index.phtml
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

      28th Apr 2005
Please also submit a suspected spyware report to us (tools -> suspected
spyware report)

--
-steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]