Windows XP SP1 Number of rings

Pierre de Beer

      22nd Jul 2003
I setup an Incoming Connection to allow access to a office PC from home. The
phone line is used during office hours for normal calls. The problem is that
the modem answers the incoming call on the first ring. I set the modem
S-register S0 to 8 and writes it to the register "ATS0=008&W". At some stage
this is overwritten with the default "000". If I initialize the modem "ATZ"
the "ATS0?" returns "008". The moment I enable the Incoming Connection and
the disable it again "ATS0?" returns "000".

Does anybody know where to change this. I set the "Extra initialization
commands:" on the modem settings to "ATS0=008" it has no effect.

Please help.

Thank You

Pierre

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP-Windows Shell/User\)

      22nd Jul 2003
Have you checked your modem documentation and the modem manufacturer's web
site and tech support for more information on this issue.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...