Windows XP Slideshows and Continuous Looping

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

      15th Nov 2004
By default, the Windows XP slideshow continously loops through a set of
pictures in five second interviews. Is there a way to prevent the continuous
loops, e.g. after showing the last picture in the folder, the slideshow ends
instead of looping back to first picture and starting over? TIA.

John Inzer

      15th Nov 2004
Ken wrote:
> By default, the Windows XP slideshow continously loops
> through a set of pictures in five second interviews. Is
> there a way to prevent the continuous loops, e.g. after
> showing the last picture in the folder, the slideshow
> ends instead of looping back to first picture and
> starting over? TIA.

==============================
The freeware IrfanView may be useful to you:

Download IrfanView 3.95
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html
(get the plug-ins too)

Once you have the program installed...open it
and go to...File / Slideshow...

Open the "Look In" drop window and select the
folder that contains the images you wish to view.

Click the "Add All" button in the left pane.

Click the "Advanced Options" button and check...
"Stop slideshow and close IrfanView after the last
image" / OK.

If you do not wish to see the file names during
the slideshow...uncheck..."Show Text" in the
bottom right of the screen.

Also, you may want to place a check in the:
"Hide mouse cursor" box.

Click the "Play " button in the left pane.

There are many more options to explore but this
should get you started.

--

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP

Picture It! Support Center
http://tinyurl.com/2po2o

Digital Image Support Center
http://tinyurl.com/3xxqg

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

      15th Nov 2004
Thanks much for your response. I already have Irfan, which is a great
program. I was wondering if there was a way I could do the same thing
(ending the continuous loop when running a slideshow) from within native
Windows XP, e.g., by means of a registry hack or other setting that I could
change manually. Assuming that the answer is no, what other good programs
exist (including especially any good Microsoft programs), regardless of cost,
that do the same thing that Irfan does? TIA.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> > By default, the Windows XP slideshow continously loops
> > through a set of pictures in five second interviews. Is
> > there a way to prevent the continuous loops, e.g. after
> > showing the last picture in the folder, the slideshow
> > ends instead of looping back to first picture and
> > starting over? TIA.

> ==============================
> The freeware IrfanView may be useful to you:
>
> Download IrfanView 3.95
> http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html
> (get the plug-ins too)
>
> Once you have the program installed...open it
> and go to...File / Slideshow...
>
> Open the "Look In" drop window and select the
> folder that contains the images you wish to view.
>
> Click the "Add All" button in the left pane.
>
> Click the "Advanced Options" button and check...
> "Stop slideshow and close IrfanView after the last
> image" / OK.
>
> If you do not wish to see the file names during
> the slideshow...uncheck..."Show Text" in the
> bottom right of the screen.
>
> Also, you may want to place a check in the:
> "Hide mouse cursor" box.
>
> Click the "Play " button in the left pane.
>
> There are many more options to explore but this
> should get you started.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Picture It! MVP
> return e-mail disabled
>
> Picture It! Support Center
> http://tinyurl.com/2po2o
>
> Digital Image Support Center
> http://tinyurl.com/3xxqg

John Inzer

      16th Nov 2004
Ken wrote:
> Thanks much for your response. I already have Irfan,
> which is a great program. I was wondering if there was
> a way I could do the same thing (ending the continuous
> loop when running a slideshow) from within native Windows
> XP, e.g., by means of a registry hack or other setting
> that I could change manually. Assuming that the answer
> is no, what other good programs exist (including
> especially any good Microsoft programs), regardless of
> cost, that do the same thing that Irfan does? TIA.

====================================
I'm not aware of a registry hack that will prevent
the WinXP slide show from looping. That's why I
thought IrfanView might be useful since it does
exactly what you requested.

--

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP
return e-mail disabled

Picture It! Support Center
http://tinyurl.com/2po2o

Digital Image Support Center
http://tinyurl.com/3xxqg

Yves Alarie

      16th Nov 2004
Pressing the Esc key will do it when you see the beginning of the same
pictures again. Not a big deal, really. After all, you are looking at the
pictures, you can see when the same pictures start again. No?
news:(E-Mail Removed)...