Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD

Joseph

      22nd Feb 2004
Hi, I have been trying to obtain the Windows XP
Professional Service Pack 1 CD on the internet, but I
can't find the right one. When I accidentally deleted my
Windows Components, some of the installations required
the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD. I was
wondering if you can give me a website so I can order it
off the internet, because I've been trying really hard
too find the right one. My computer system I need the CD
for is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
Service Pack 1, and please send a reply as soon as you
can to (E-Mail Removed). Thank you very much.

Shenan Stanley

      22nd Feb 2004
Joseph wrote:
> Hi, I have been trying to obtain the Windows XP
> Professional Service Pack 1 CD on the internet, but I
> can't find the right one. When I accidentally deleted my
> Windows Components, some of the installations required
> the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD. I was
> wondering if you can give me a website so I can order it
> off the internet, because I've been trying really hard
> too find the right one. My computer system I need the CD
> for is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
> Service Pack 1, and please send a reply as soon as you
> can to . Thank you very much.

First - please MUNGE your email address when using newsgroups such as this.
Your mailbox will start receiving more spam, although AOL may be able to
handle this somewhat.

Microsoft has kindly provided this (finally - IMHO):
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

It contains all critical updates for several operating systems up until
October 2003. This includes XP.

Something else to consider - a lot of the times when an application asks for
the Windows XP SP1 CD, it only wants your Windows XP CD..

--
<- Shenan ->

Bruce Chambers

      22nd Feb 2004
Greetings --

Order the Windows XP Service Pack 1a CD
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...p1/ordercd.asp

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Joseph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:149a801c3f8f7$0f168310$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have been trying to obtain the Windows XP
> Professional Service Pack 1 CD on the internet, but I
> can't find the right one. When I accidentally deleted my
> Windows Components, some of the installations required
> the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD. I was
> wondering if you can give me a website so I can order it
> off the internet, because I've been trying really hard
> too find the right one. My computer system I need the CD
> for is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
> Service Pack 1, and please send a reply as soon as you
> can to (E-Mail Removed). Thank you very much.

Donald McDaniel

      22nd Feb 2004
Joseph wrote:
> Hi, I have been trying to obtain the Windows XP
> Professional Service Pack 1 CD on the internet, but I
> can't find the right one. When I accidentally deleted my
> Windows Components, some of the installations required
> the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD. I was
> wondering if you can give me a website so I can order it
> off the internet, because I've been trying really hard
> too find the right one. My computer system I need the CD
> for is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
> Service Pack 1, and please send a reply as soon as you
> can to (E-Mail Removed). Thank you very much.

Service Pack 1 is no longer available from Microsoft. Service Pack 1a has
superceeded it as a result of Microsoft having to remove the Java bits from
Windows. Service Pack 1a has the same bits as Service Pack 1, except for
the Java Virtual Machine.

Download SP1a here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...p1/default.asp

If you are willing to wait a week or more for the CD, order it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...p1/ordercd.asp

If you want Java functionality after installing SP1a, you will have to
install a Java Virtual Machine.

Get Sun's Java Virtual Machine here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post all replies to the Newsgroup,

Shenan Stanley

      22nd Feb 2004
Bruce Chambers wrote:
(E-Mail Removed)
> Greetings --
>
> Order the Windows XP Service Pack 1a CD

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...p1/ordercd.asp

Bruce,

Could they not use the free CD instead - or will it not function as needed?
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

--
<- Shenan ->

Bruce Chambers

      22nd Feb 2004
Greetings --

It's hard to say, but I suspect that it'll be compressed on the CD
you mention, in order to make room for the Win2K SP4 and all the other
updates. If so, the "installation" routine that's asking for the CD
may not be able to find/access the file(s) it needs.

It would certainly be a good idea for anyone to order this newer
CD, anyway, though.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Shenan Stanley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uELNdxP%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Bruce,
>
> Could they not use the free CD instead - or will it not function as
> needed?
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

Shenan Stanley

      22nd Feb 2004

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> It's hard to say, but I suspect that it'll be compressed on the CD
> you mention, in order to make room for the Win2K SP4 and all the other
> updates. If so, the "installation" routine that's asking for the CD
> may not be able to find/access the file(s) it needs.
>
> It would certainly be a good idea for anyone to order this newer
> CD, anyway, though.

Good point. I should have considered the fact that everything would be in
its compressed state.

I think the suggestion to download (if they have broadband, or just a
weekend they could leave their dial-up connected - hah) the SP1a from the
Internet and extract the files into a folder somewhere is the quickest.
Next would be (in my mind) to get the freebie CD mailed to them and do the
same extraction to a directory.. And finally, if all the rest makes them
uncomfortable, get the SP1a CD for money. (And go ahead and get the free CD
as well!)

--
<- Shenan ->