windows XP installation

Kelly

      6th Oct 2004
I have just finnished building a new PC. it has all brand
new hardware. I checked and double checked to make
certain that all the hardware is compatible. I have the
windows XP Home Edition OEM SP1a version of the Operating
System. When I power up the PC, it goes through the post
porcess and prompts me to boot from CD. However, when I
insert the disc, the blue Windows Setup screen appears
stating that windows setup is installing files. it then
appears to do so, and then goes to the blue screen
stating that setup will now start windows. However, at
this point, I get another screen telling me that windows
is shutting down because there is a problem,and it is
stopping to prevent damaging my system components. this
message is followed by a series of suggestions about
checking my hardware and possible driver & bios updates.
Finally I receive an error message at the bottom of the
screen stating the following.
Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF7C4E690,
0xF7CF9CD8,0xF7CF99D8)

SERENUM.SYS-ADDRESS F7C4E690 base at F7C4E000, dateSTAMP
3b7d8385

Can anyone explain what this means, and how to fix it?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      6th Oct 2004
Kelly;
Look here for your error:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x7e
And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330182

Power off open case and reseat all cards and cables.
If you have multiple memory sticks, remove/swap out making sure to
stay above Windows XP 64MB minimum.

Are you using a drive overlay software or any 3rd party tools to
partition the drive?
Don't, let Windows XP do it all:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

news:2dd801c4ab38$5b2bec60$(E-Mail Removed)...