PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Windows XP Home No Longer Qualifies for Windows Vista Upgrades - More specifically for Business Upgrade or Upgrade + SA through Volume Licensing

 
 
Taibear ios
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Oct 2007
Windows XP Home No Longer Qualifies for Windows Vista Upgrades - More
specifically for Business Upgrade or Upgrade + SA through Volume Licensing

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...es-68655.shtml

Who said we even wanted stupid vista??!! YUK!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Oct 2007
Businesses most often purchase machines in bulk from large OEMs like Dell
which often preload it with a Business SKU. The Windows Business Volume
License SKU is only an upgrade disk that upgrades the machine for compliance
with the Volume License Agreement and streamlines management of machines
within an organization. Employees who might work from home still qualify for
home use.

If you using SA for your licensing, you most likely qualify for the Vista
Enterprise upgrade.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
My Vista Quickstart Guide:
http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
"Taibear ios" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
> Windows XP Home No Longer Qualifies for Windows Vista Upgrades - More
> specifically for Business Upgrade or Upgrade + SA through Volume Licensing
>
> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...es-68655.shtml
>
> Who said we even wanted stupid vista??!! YUK!
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?d2hlZWxtYW4=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Oct 2007
sounds like more dollars for ol uncle bill to me

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> Businesses most often purchase machines in bulk from large OEMs like Dell
> which often preload it with a Business SKU. The Windows Business Volume
> License SKU is only an upgrade disk that upgrades the machine for compliance
> with the Volume License Agreement and streamlines management of machines
> within an organization. Employees who might work from home still qualify for
> home use.
>
> If you using SA for your licensing, you most likely qualify for the Vista
> Enterprise upgrade.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
> "Taibear ios" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
> > Windows XP Home No Longer Qualifies for Windows Vista Upgrades - More
> > specifically for Business Upgrade or Upgrade + SA through Volume Licensing
> >
> > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...es-68655.shtml
> >
> > Who said we even wanted stupid vista??!! YUK!
> >
> >
> >

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Oct 2007
wheelman wrote:

> sounds like more dollars for ol uncle bill to me


Sounds like you have no idea what they or you are talking about.
Frank
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Oct 2007
It also has potential to save businesses a lot of $.
But then that does not suit your anti Microsoft agenda.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"wheelman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> sounds like more dollars for ol uncle bill to me


 
Reply With Quote
 
Taibear ios
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Oct 2007
if there is an award for ignorance and arrogance..

boy you win the biggest prize of the millennia...


"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It also has potential to save businesses a lot of $.
> But then that does not suit your anti Microsoft agenda.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>
>
> "wheelman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> sounds like more dollars for ol uncle bill to me

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Oct 2007
Taibear ios wrote:
> if there is an award for ignorance and arrogance..
>
> boy you win the biggest prize of the millennia...
>
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>It also has potential to save businesses a lot of $.
>>But then that does not suit your anti Microsoft agenda.
>>
>>--
>>Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>>http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>http://www.dts-l.org
>>
>>
>>"wheelman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>sounds like more dollars for ol uncle bill to me

>>

>
>

On no, you've had that one cornered and all to yourself forever.
Frank
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      19th Oct 2007
Perhaps you should study those programs before you assume there is no
benefit for anyone.
There is clearly benefit for some.
More of your need for insults when you have no facts.

Can you contribute to the subject of the post?
Or are you only capable of your attacks?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"Taibear ios" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
> if there is an award for ignorance and arrogance..
>
> boy you win the biggest prize of the millennia...


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What qualifies as a Hotspot? ultraport@mail.com DIY PC 4 29th Sep 2011 07:12 PM
what SOFTWARE qualifies for an "upgrade" to Vista? Pete Windows Vista General Discussion 2 17th Mar 2008 03:03 AM
Upgrading - what disc qualifies for upgrade version? Test Man Windows Vista General Discussion 25 24th Jan 2007 06:12 AM
there is NO upgrade path from XP. No upgrades. No upgrades???? Pete Windows Vista General Discussion 13 14th Sep 2006 01:59 PM
Date some qualifies =?Utf-8?B?c2d3aWxs?= Microsoft Excel Discussion 2 7th Sep 2006 07:01 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:30 PM.