Windows XP Explorer - Detail View - Highlighting

Peter MUC

      9th Jan 2008
The mode "detail view" of the windows XP Explorer was enhanced with a feature
that highlights the selected column with e.g. a pale grey colour in addition
to the sorting-arrow in the top of the column.

I've seen, that the windows-explorer of some XP-Clients does not show this
highlight-effect (there, an installed Outlook does not show this either). So
it has to be a centralized setting.

Is it possible to influence this default behaviour of Windows XP by changing
a registry key? Goal: to switch the highlight effect off or on.
Remark.: The accessible settings via Windows user-interface do not affect
this.

Singapore Web Design

      12th Jan 2008
Hello,

Seems to be hard coded in the List control box to use a darker color on
sorted columns.
http://groups.google.com/group/borla...782e77db0e584b

--
Singapore Web Design
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/

"Peter MUC" <Peter (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The mode "detail view" of the windows XP Explorer was enhanced with a
> feature
> that highlights the selected column with e.g. a pale grey colour in
> addition
> to the sorting-arrow in the top of the column.
>
> I've seen, that the windows-explorer of some XP-Clients does not show this
> highlight-effect (there, an installed Outlook does not show this either).
> So
> it has to be a centralized setting.
>
> Is it possible to influence this default behaviour of Windows XP by
> changing
> a registry key? Goal: to switch the highlight effect off or on.
> Remark.: The accessible settings via Windows user-interface do not affect
> this.

SoCalCommie

      18th Jan 2008
"Peter MUC" <Peter (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The mode "detail view" of the windows XP Explorer was enhanced with a
> feature
> that highlights the selected column with e.g. a pale grey colour in
> addition
> to the sorting-arrow in the top of the column.
>
> I've seen, that the windows-explorer of some XP-Clients does not show this
> highlight-effect (there, an installed Outlook does not show this either).
> So
> it has to be a centralized setting.
>
> Is it possible to influence this default behaviour of Windows XP by
> changing
> a registry key? Goal: to switch the highlight effect off or on.
> Remark.: The accessible settings via Windows user-interface do not affect
> this.

It could be the Contrast/Brightness settings on the monitor are not
optimized.

--
SoCalCommie
http://so-la-i.com/