A Windows Vista Security Tip: Use Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on your Computer

tokjad@gmail.com

      12th May 2007
Steps to Enable Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on
your Computer: http://www.vistaarticles.com/article...-your-Computer

Mike Hall MVP

      12th May 2007
Based upon your instructions:

2. Type Windows Update and hit Enter

I typed 'Windows Update' into an MS Word 2007 document and nothing happened
for the longest time. Totally frustrated, I looked for somewhere else to
type. I gotten lucky picking IE7, I guess, because up popped the the Vista
'Windows Update' window, which had instructions to use the WU icon in the
start menu. Fortunately, it auto started WU, so I didn't have to waste time
looking myself.

3. Click Get Updates for More Products

My WU window does not have that, so I clicked on 'Check for Updates' for
want of something better to do.

4. Accept Agreement

I didn't get an agreement to accept. Very disappointing..

5. Install

To install or not to install; that is the question

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      12th May 2007
I took a quick look at that and another page and see the same vague
information.
So it is almost useless to a beginner and the experienced are more
likely to know the information.

Since the pages are full of ads, this seems more like spam than
anything else.
Similar spam by him is on other newsgroups.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Mike Hall MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Based upon your instructions:
>
> 2. Type Windows Update and hit Enter
>
> I typed 'Windows Update' into an MS Word 2007 document and nothing
> happened for the longest time. Totally frustrated, I looked for
> somewhere else to type. I gotten lucky picking IE7, I guess, because
> up popped the the Vista 'Windows Update' window, which had
> instructions to use the WU icon in the start menu. Fortunately, it
> auto started WU, so I didn't have to waste time looking myself.
>

> 3. Click Get Updates for More Products
>
> My WU window does not have that, so I clicked on 'Check for Updates'
> for want of something better to do.
>
> 4. Accept Agreement
>
> I didn't get an agreement to accept. Very disappointing..
>

> 5. Install
>
> To install or not to install; that is the question

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Nicholas Hall

      12th May 2007
Useless and a waste of time.

Information was not existent and the adds where over whelming.

Even a halfwit could see this for what it is, SPAM.

NIK
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steps to Enable Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on
> your Computer:
> http://www.vistaarticles.com/article...-your-Computer

Rock

      12th May 2007
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

mikeyhsd

      12th May 2007
S P A M

(E-Mail Removed)

"Rock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]