Windows Vista RC1

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

      14th Oct 2006
Downloaded ISO file to hard drive then burned it to DVD. Appears on DVD as
ISO file, with no setup.exe files and nothing happens on boot up.

Please help.

Jane C

      14th Oct 2006
You need to use the 'burn image' function in your burning program, not just
copy the iso to DVD. In Nero, Recorder tab > burn image, or using
StartSmart, Copy and Backup tab, burn DVD image. If you don't have Nero,
then search for burncdcc or imgburn, both of which are free and can burn an
iso image to disc.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :-)
> Downloaded ISO file to hard drive then burned it to DVD. Appears on DVD as
> ISO file, with no setup.exe files and nothing happens on boot up.
>
> Please help.

Dave Nuttall

      14th Oct 2006
You can also download Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools from
microsoft.com for free. If includes DVDBurn.exe, and lots of other useful
stuff.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

      14th Oct 2006

"Dave Nuttall" wrote:

> You can also download Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools from
> microsoft.com for free. If includes DVDBurn.exe, and lots of other useful
> stuff.

Thank you for your response.
I have burned the .iso file to disc using nero pinnacle instant dvd and the
dvdburn.exe tool you mentioned, but when trying to explore disc to find setup
files for vista it doesn't recognise file, saying it is unreadable.

Dave Nuttall

      15th Oct 2006
> I have burned the .iso file to disc using nero pinnacle instant dvd and
> the
> dvdburn.exe tool you mentioned, but when trying to explore disc to find
> setup
> files for vista it doesn't recognise file, saying it is unreadable.

Maybe you burned it too rapidly. Try dropping the burn speed to 2x, or 4x...