Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?c29sZGllcnMzMw==?=

      7th Feb 2007
i was wandering if anyone here could help, becuase im a bit confused.

On the microsoft site is says that if you have windows xp then you have to
do a clean install, for vista premium. But the guy here:
http://www.windowssecrets.com/comp/070201#story1 says that you have to
install vista twice to do a clean install, so could anyone explain me which
method is correct. Iam currently using Windows XP Pro SP2

Saucy Lemon

      7th Feb 2007
Yes, well mileage will vary. The terms are confusing:

When one wants to do a clean install from scratch .. bare harddrive .. one
might find the install twice method works when using the "upgrade" DVD
media. Don't eneter the Porduce key first time 'round.

If you do a clean install of Vista on a PC with XP already installed on it,
you can just select to do so from the install routine and the "install
twice" method is not necessary. It depends then on what one intends with the
term "clean install" i.e. from a bank harddrive or from one with XP already
on it.

Saucy Lemon

"soldiers33" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i was wandering if anyone here could help, becuase im a bit confused.
>
> On the microsoft site is says that if you have windows xp then you have to
> do a clean install, for vista premium. But the guy here:
> http://www.windowssecrets.com/comp/070201#story1 says that you have to
> install vista twice to do a clean install, so could anyone explain me
> which
> method is correct. Iam currently using Windows XP Pro SP2

=?Utf-8?B?c29sZGllcnMzMw==?=

      7th Feb 2007
So if I already have xp installed, I can jsut select a clean install from the
setup?

"Saucy Lemon" wrote:

> Yes, well mileage will vary. The terms are confusing:
>
> When one wants to do a clean install from scratch .. bare harddrive .. one
> might find the install twice method works when using the "upgrade" DVD
> media. Don't eneter the Porduce key first time 'round.
>
> If you do a clean install of Vista on a PC with XP already installed on it,
> you can just select to do so from the install routine and the "install
> twice" method is not necessary. It depends then on what one intends with the
> term "clean install" i.e. from a bank harddrive or from one with XP already
> on it.
>
> Saucy Lemon
>

> "soldiers33" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i was wandering if anyone here could help, becuase im a bit confused.
> >
> > On the microsoft site is says that if you have windows xp then you have to
> > do a clean install, for vista premium. But the guy here:
> > http://www.windowssecrets.com/comp/070201#story1 says that you have to
> > install vista twice to do a clean install, so could anyone explain me
> > which
> > method is correct. Iam currently using Windows XP Pro SP2

Beck

      7th Feb 2007

"soldiers33" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i was wandering if anyone here could help, becuase im a bit confused.
>
> On the microsoft site is says that if you have windows xp then you have to
> do a clean install, for vista premium. But the guy here:
> http://www.windowssecrets.com/comp/070201#story1 says that you have to
> install vista twice to do a clean install, so could anyone explain me
> which
> method is correct. Iam currently using Windows XP Pro SP2

Okay the official line from Microsoft is that if you want to use an upgrade
version you have to upgrade from within XP and you lose the use of your XP
product key.

The unofficial line is you can do that Vista over Vista and retain your XP
product key.

=?Utf-8?B?c29sZGllcnMzMw==?=

      8th Feb 2007
Ok thanks. I understand now