windows vista with 2 nic and 2 lan

ceisi

      17th Nov 2008
i have windows vista ultimate 32 bit. two nic's and two seperate lan's for
internet.

the following is requested:

1: onboard nic: use only for windows vista and lan / internet 192.168.1.0

2: second nic: use only for vmware 6.5 and lan / internet 172.16.1.0

is this possible? and how?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

      18th Nov 2008
Hi
You can configure two NICs on one computer to be on two different networks.
However if you want both to go to the Internet you need two independent
Internet connections.
One Internet connection with a single IP can not feed both.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"ceisi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have windows vista ultimate 32 bit. two nic's and two seperate lan's for
> internet.
>
> the following is requested:
>

> 1: onboard nic: use only for windows vista and lan / internet 192.168.1.0
>

> 2: second nic: use only for vmware 6.5 and lan / internet 172.16.1.0
>

> is this possible? and how?

ceisi

      18th Nov 2008
thanks for the fast response.

i have two different networks and internet connection. i do this with my
firewall. so i have two networks with two internet connections.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> You can configure two NICs on one computer to be on two different networks.
> However if you want both to go to the Internet you need two independent
> Internet connections.
> One Internet connection with a single IP can not feed both.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "ceisi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i have windows vista ultimate 32 bit. two nic's and two seperate lan's for
> > internet.
> >
> > the following is requested:
> >

> > 1: onboard nic: use only for windows vista and lan / internet 192.168.1.0
> >

> > 2: second nic: use only for vmware 6.5 and lan / internet 172.16.1.0
> >

> > is this possible? and how?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

      18th Nov 2008
Hi
I do not understand the real configuration.
When I mentioned two independent Internet connections, it means two modems,
and two Routers (Firewalls).
If you just have two cables going to same Router it can Not work.