Windows Task Scheduler: Access Denied Error

=?Utf-8?B?U3Vl?=

      7th May 2007
Hi,
I'm trying to schedule a task to run while the computer is in stand by mode
(so it will wake up and run the task). It prompts me for my password, but I
don't use a password, and I am the system administrator as well as the sole
user. I click ok without putting anything in those fields and it gives me
the access denied error.

How do I fix this?
Thanks!
Sue

The_Auditor

      10th May 2007
On May 7, 11:58 am, Sue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to schedule a task to run while the computer is in stand by mode
> (so it will wake up and run the task). It prompts me for my password, but I
> don't use a password, and I am the system administrator as well as the sole
> user. I click ok without putting anything in those fields and it gives me
> the access denied error.
>
> How do I fix this?
> Thanks!
> Sue

don't use the account it's asking for... you should use your own
account, since it has no pword....

RedForeman

=?Utf-8?B?U3Vl?=

      10th May 2007
Dear Red,
I am using my own account, and I have administrator rights, I am the sole
owner and user of the computer. It recognizes the correct user account.
is there a work around?
Thanks!
Sue

"The_Auditor" wrote:

> On May 7, 11:58 am, Sue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to schedule a task to run while the computer is in stand by mode
> > (so it will wake up and run the task). It prompts me for my password, but I
> > don't use a password, and I am the system administrator as well as the sole
> > user. I click ok without putting anything in those fields and it gives me
> > the access denied error.
> >
> > How do I fix this?
> > Thanks!
> > Sue

> don't use the account it's asking for... you should use your own
> account, since it has no pword....
>
> RedForeman

The_Auditor`

      30th May 2007
On May 10, 6:51 pm, Sue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear Red,
> I am using my own account, and I have administrator rights, I am the sole
> owner and user of the computer. It recognizes the correct user account.
> is there a work around?
> Thanks!
> Sue
>

> "The_Auditor" wrote:
> > On May 7, 11:58 am, Sue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm trying to schedule a task to run while the computer is in stand by mode
> > > (so it will wake up and run the task). It prompts me for my password, but I
> > > don't use a password, and I am the system administrator as well as the sole
> > > user. I click ok without putting anything in those fields and it gives me
> > > the access denied error.

> > > How do I fix this?
> > > Thanks!
> > > Sue

> > don't use the account it's asking for... you should use your own
> > account, since it has no pword....

> > RedForeman- Hide quoted text -

does it have a password set for waking up? like the screensaver resume
password?

=?Utf-8?B?U3Vl?=

      1st Jun 2007
no passwords, for screensaver or otherwise...

"The_Auditor`" wrote:

> On May 10, 6:51 pm, Sue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Dear Red,
> > I am using my own account, and I have administrator rights, I am the sole
> > owner and user of the computer. It recognizes the correct user account.
> > is there a work around?
> > Thanks!
> > Sue

> > > don't use the account it's asking for... you should use your own
> > > account, since it has no pword....

> > > RedForeman- Hide quoted text -

> does it have a password set for waking up? like the screensaver resume
> password?

=?Utf-8?B?U3Vl?=

      17th Jun 2007
wow, Michael, I can't thank you enough! This was really bothering me. I
will track down the tool for future reference. In the interim, I found a
tool called Shut Down Expert which I like, but may not have to use now based
on your post.
many thanks again!
sue