Windows security incompatible with virus protection

colleenmcmichael

      19th Jan 2010
I get this message no matter how many times I update my virus definitions:
"Symantec Endpoint Protection is on but is reporting its status to Windows
Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's
automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an
updated version." How can I get these two programs to "talk" to each other
successfully?c

Bill Sanderson

      19th Jan 2010
You need an update to Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Aside from going to a Symantec support forum, you might try this:

Start, run, type in "luall" without the quotes, and hit enter.

Proceed through the prompts and install all offered updates.

"colleenmcmichael" wrote:

> I get this message no matter how many times I update my virus definitions:
> "Symantec Endpoint Protection is on but is reporting its status to Windows
> Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's
> automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an
> updated version." How can I get these two programs to "talk" to each other
> successfully?c

judges6140

      30th Mar 2010
I did the liveupdate. Still remains....Symantec Endpoint protection is on
but reporting its status to windows security center in a format that is no
longer supported. Please help.

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> You need an update to Symantec Endpoint Protection.
>
> Aside from going to a Symantec support forum, you might try this:
>
> Start, run, type in "luall" without the quotes, and hit enter.
>
> Proceed through the prompts and install all offered updates.
>

> "colleenmcmichael" wrote:
>
> > I get this message no matter how many times I update my virus definitions:
> > "Symantec Endpoint Protection is on but is reporting its status to Windows
> > Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's
> > automatic updating feature, or contact the program manufacturer for an
> > updated version." How can I get these two programs to "talk" to each other
> > successfully?c

Bill Sanderson

      30th Mar 2010
I don't think we can help with this here--you need to find a symantec forum,
or support email or phone number, to see whether anything can be done about
this.

My own guess is that if the version of SEP you are running is supported,
there should be an update to it to fix this. If it is not, you'd need to
upgrade to a newer version I suspect.

But that's guesswork on my part--the Symantec folks would know for sure.

There are some links on this page that look like they might be useful:

http://www.symantec.com/business/sup....jsp?pid=54619

news:(E-Mail Removed)...