Windows Product Activation - REACTIVATE!!!!!!!!! WHY???

Martin

      6th Aug 2003
Just got the following message at restart:

"Since Windows was first activated on this computer, the
hardware on the computer has changed significantly. Due
to these changes, Windows must be reactivated within 3
days. Do you want to reactivate Windows now?"

Why do I have to reactivate, how to I do it, and what
info will I need?

Thanks in advance

Chris Lanier

      6th Aug 2003
just follow the onscreen messages. it because who changed some of your
hardware, just like it says.

"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:030c01c35c55$92e9fe90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got the following message at restart:
>
> "Since Windows was first activated on this computer, the
> hardware on the computer has changed significantly. Due
> to these changes, Windows must be reactivated within 3
> days. Do you want to reactivate Windows now?"
>
> Why do I have to reactivate, how to I do it, and what
> info will I need?
>
> Thanks in advance

Eric C. Vogel

      6th Aug 2003
That is normal. If this is your first re-activate, it should do so via the
Internet. The rest will require a call to Microsoft.

--
Thank you,
Eric Vogel
"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:030c01c35c55$92e9fe90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got the following message at restart:
>
> "Since Windows was first activated on this computer, the
> hardware on the computer has changed significantly. Due
> to these changes, Windows must be reactivated within 3
> days. Do you want to reactivate Windows now?"
>
> Why do I have to reactivate, how to I do it, and what
> info will I need?
>
> Thanks in advance

Graham Cutting

      7th Aug 2003
Or phone through to the 0800 number as suggested on screen; its painless,
can be done without talking to anyone and only takes about 5 mins.