Windows Picture And Fax Viewer As Default JPEG Viewer

D. Spencer Hines

      28th May 2006
Corel Photo Album 6.3 And Adobe Photoshop Album 3 keep seizing my .jpg files
and opening them in preference to Windows Picture And Fax Viewer, which I
want to be the default viewer.

How do I make Windows Picture And Fax viewer the default viewer and kick the
other two viewers in the rumpus?

Thanks.

DSH

John Inzer

      28th May 2006
D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Corel Photo Album 6.3 And Adobe Photoshop Album 3 keep
> seizing my .jpg files and opening them in preference to
> Windows Picture And Fax Viewer, which I want to be the
> default viewer.
>
> How do I make Windows Picture And Fax viewer the default
> viewer and kick the other two viewers in the rumpus?
>
> Thanks.
>
> DSH

================================
Have a look at this article:

(307859) HOW TO: Change File Associations
in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

More info:

Try this...open an image folder and right click one
of your image files...from the menu, select...Open
With / Choose Program.

Make your choice from the list or Browse to the
correct program if it is not in the list.

If you want the default...choose..."Windows
Picture and Fax viewer"

Once you make your selection...be sure to check
the box that says: "Always use the selected program
to open this kind of file". (you will need to do this
for each format....jpg, .tif, .gif...etc.)

Also...you can right click an image and choose
Properties / Change Button...choose the program
you wish to use and click...OK / Apply / OK.

Also...in WinXP, you can go to...My Computer /
Tools / Folder Options / File Types tab...

And the following links may be useful:

Repair image file type associations in Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgassofix.htm

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

D. Spencer Hines

      28th May 2006
Thank you kindly.

> Also...in WinXP, you can go to...My Computer /
> Tools / Folder Options / File Types tab...

Problem Solved.

DSH

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Thank you kindly.
>
>> Also...in WinXP, you can go to...My Computer /
>> Tools / Folder Options / File Types tab...

> Problem Solved.
>
> DSH

You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.