Windows Mail; delete selected items

Kees

      12th Jul 2010

When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er
is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred.
--
Kees

Bruce Hagen

      12th Jul 2010
Try these options.

How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html

WMUtil
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Kees" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message:
> (Er
> is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred.
> --
> Kees

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

      12th Jul 2010
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.

Try running the various database repair functions in the WMUtil program:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail
The newer beta of WLM is very stable although it has a few bugs:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta

WLM will automatically import all your WM data.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Kees" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er
is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred.
--
Kees

MikeM

      23rd Aug 2010

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
> Windows Mail over time.
>
> Try running the various database repair functions in the WMUtil program:
> http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil
>
> If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
> The newer beta of WLM is very stable although it has a few bugs:
> http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
>
> WLM will automatically import all your WM data.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "Kees" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er
> is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred.
> --
> Kees
>

> .

MikeM

      23rd Aug 2010

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
> Windows Mail over time.
>
> Try running the various database repair functions in the WMUtil program:
> http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil
>
> If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
> The newer beta of WLM is very stable although it has a few bugs:
> http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
>
> WLM will automatically import all your WM data.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "Kees" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er
> is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred.
> --
> Kees
>

> .
> After 7 days away I had multiple copies of some mail headers, Many would not delete with UNKNOWN ERROR. I had to open each and then delete. All of these had no mesage.

Gary VanderMolen

      23rd Aug 2010
Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail
It will automatically import all your WM data.

"MikeM" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Kees" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er
> is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred.
> --
> Kees
>

> .
> After 7 days away I had multiple copies of some mail headers, Many would not delete with UNKNOWN ERROR. I had to open each and
> then delete. All of these had no mesage.

AK

      24th Aug 2010
Hi! All

A folder in my Inbox has disappeared - probably deleted by mistake. Would
like to restore it. Any ideas!

AK