Windows Installer for XP

Wes

      29th Dec 2003
Hello,

I am trying to install a program but I get ans error
message saying "The Windows Installer service could not be
accessed... the Windows Installer is not correctly
installed." How do I reinstall the installer? Microsoft
downloads has the program for every other OS, but says XP
has it built in so you can not do it again. Any help
would be great. Thanks, Wes

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      29th Dec 2003
Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Wes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message:
news:03c801c3ce52$91737950$(E-Mail Removed)...

| Hello,
|
| I am trying to install a program but I get ans error
| message saying "The Windows Installer service could not be
| accessed... the Windows Installer is not correctly
| installed." How do I reinstall the installer? Microsoft
| downloads has the program for every other OS, but says XP
| has it built in so you can not do it again. Any help
| would be great. Thanks, Wes

Gary Tsang

      29th Dec 2003
Hi,

Some of your Windows Installer files that are on your hard disk are damaged
or are missing.

To fix this problem visit the Microsoft Knowledge Base Website below:

Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
Message When You Try to Add or Remove a Program

Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Wes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03c801c3ce52$91737950$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install a program but I get ans error
> message saying "The Windows Installer service could not be
> accessed... the Windows Installer is not correctly
> installed." How do I reinstall the installer? Microsoft
> downloads has the program for every other OS, but says XP
> has it built in so you can not do it again. Any help
> would be great. Thanks, Wes

Please reply to news group.

      2nd Jan 2004
I've had problems with Windows Installer also. Once when an Office XP
installation failed, it corrupted the installer so that I could not
attempt to install Office again.