Windows History

Pompeyİ

      29th Jun 2004
Hiya
Is there a way in windows XP of telling uptime on the pc and also previous
days uptime etc? Also internet history other than with the history icon on
the IE toolbar,
Basically I want to check on use of my pc without restriction.

Thankyou Kim

Using XP pro
IE6

Nathan McNulty

      29th Jun 2004
Check out http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../pstools.shtml

Nathan McNulty

Pompeyİ wrote:
> Hiya
> Is there a way in windows XP of telling uptime on the pc and also previous
> days uptime etc? Also internet history other than with the history icon on
> the IE toolbar,
> Basically I want to check on use of my pc without restriction.
>
> Thankyou Kim
>
> Using XP pro
> IE6

Malke

      29th Jun 2004
Pompeyİ wrote:

> Hiya
> Is there a way in windows XP of telling uptime on the pc and also
> previous
> days uptime etc? Also internet history other than with the history
> icon on the IE toolbar,
> Basically I want to check on use of my pc without restriction.
>
> Thankyou Kim
>
> Using XP pro
> IE6

To find uptime in XP Pro:

1. Open your command prompt by going to Start > Run and typing "cmd"
without the quotes.
2. Type at the prompt, again without quotes, "net statistics
workstation" and hit enter.
3. The first information you see will tell you how long the computer
has been on.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Alex Nichol

      30th Jun 2004
Pompeyİ wrote:

> Is there a way in windows XP of telling uptime on the pc and also previous
>days uptime etc? Also internet history other than with the history icon on
>the IE toolbar,

You can see current uptime conveniently if you get the free Everest Home
edition from
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1
which is an excellent general System Info tool, and its Operating System
- Operating System page has it under the Current Session head. There
are no records kept of earlier sessions, unless you are willing to
explore the Event Viewer logs and see if you can make deductions.

History you can (if an Administrator) find for any user by exploring
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History

Bournemouth, U.K. (E-Mail Removed) (remove the D8 bit)