Windows History

=?Utf-8?B?TVNN?=

      28th Jan 2005
Hi All:

Besides IE history, are there any other files maintianed by the OS that can
be read to determine the complete accessing of the files systems that can be
read. If so what are this files and are there any viewers out there taht can
read them?
--
Thank you for you help
Mark M

Steven L Umbach

      29th Jan 2005
Exactly what are you trying to accomplish - the files a particular user
accesses or what?? --- Steve

"MSM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All:
>
> Besides IE history, are there any other files maintianed by the OS that
> can
> be read to determine the complete accessing of the files systems that can
> be
> read. If so what are this files and are there any viewers out there taht
> can
> read them?
> --
> Thank you for you help
> Mark M

=?Utf-8?B?TVNN?=

      29th Jan 2005
Hi:

No not of a particular user, but the files themselves, I have them under the
"Audit/Security" set up in computer mangaement, but I am not very good at
reading the Security read outs, so I was/am hoping for something a little
easier to use and read.

Mark M.

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> Exactly what are you trying to accomplish - the files a particular user
> accesses or what?? --- Steve
>

> "MSM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi All:
> >
> > Besides IE history, are there any other files maintianed by the OS that
> > can
> > be read to determine the complete accessing of the files systems that can
> > be
> > read. If so what are this files and are there any viewers out there taht
> > can
> > read them?
> > --
> > Thank you for you help
> > Mark M

Steven L Umbach

      29th Jan 2005
I still am not quite sure what you want? Do you want to know what files the
operating system is using at a particular point in time, the files that an
application is using? Try using "msinfo32" in the run box to see if that
will help, particularly "software environment" . There are some free tools
from SysInternals such as Process Explorer and filemon. Process Explorer
will show what files are being used by a process and filemon will show file
use in real time. You may also want to search their other utilities to see
if any do what you want. --- Steve

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../procexp.shtml -- Process
Explorer.