Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publ

=?Utf-8?B?dGVjaDIzMg==?=

      29th Mar 2006
After loggin to my a secure website to view my store cameras I receive the
following message:

Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.
Name: s2pqview.cab
Publisher: Unknown Publisher.

I am using xp-pro sp2 also xp-home sp2 with IE6. Everything works well on
Windows 98se with IE6.

When I navigate to the page I allow the ActiveX blocker to download the page
and I see the camera program. Then I get the message that the .cab has been
blocked. I have entered the site as a trusted site and reset my security
settings to the lowest settings but still am not able to download the .cab.
There is NO option to save the file to disk.

ie. the camera program loads ok but it needs to download the .cab as a
viewer. This is a Samsung camera console unit that has a webserver and dydns
server built in. The security certificate is out of date but this is a
legitimate program and I need to use it even if it is out of date. I have
saved the certificate to my trusted certificates but that doesn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can workaround this problem??
There must be SOME way to allow this program!!

Thanks,
tech232

Jan Il

      29th Mar 2006
Hi tech232 :-)

Try the following and see if it helps:

First: It is very important that the time of your computer clock is correct.
Every Certificate has an expiration and start date. When your machine clock
time or date is off, even just a few minutes or hours, it may cause the
Certificates to be seen as invalid or expired, which can cause various
problems. So, be sure your machine date and time are always set correctly.

If still no joy....

Go to IE>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced
Scroll down to the Security Section
Check "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid"

UNCheck the following
"Check for publisher's certificate revocation"
"Warn about invalid site certificates"

If that does not work, you might also try:

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>highlight Internet
Click Custom level tab>scroll down and Uncheck "Don't prompt for
client certificate selection when no certificates or only one certificate
exists."

also..

How can I turn off the "security alert" dialog boxes that appears when I
open a webpage
http://itinfo.mit.edu/answer?id=5228

How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in IE

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2

Hope this helps.

Jan
MS MVP - Windows IE/OE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> After loggin to my a secure website to view my store cameras I receive the
> following message:
>
> Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.
> Name: s2pqview.cab
> Publisher: Unknown Publisher.
>
> I am using xp-pro sp2 also xp-home sp2 with IE6. Everything works well on
> Windows 98se with IE6.
>
> When I navigate to the page I allow the ActiveX blocker to download the
> page
> and I see the camera program. Then I get the message that the .cab has
> been
> blocked. I have entered the site as a trusted site and reset my security
> settings to the lowest settings but still am not able to download the
> .cab.
> There is NO option to save the file to disk.
>
> ie. the camera program loads ok but it needs to download the .cab as a
> viewer. This is a Samsung camera console unit that has a webserver and
> dydns
> server built in. The security certificate is out of date but this is a
> legitimate program and I need to use it even if it is out of date. I have
> saved the certificate to my trusted certificates but that doesn't help.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can workaround this problem??
> There must be SOME way to allow this program!!
>
> Thanks,
> tech232

=?Utf-8?B?dGVjaDIzMg==?=

      29th Mar 2006
Thanks Jan; I've tried all of that. After reading the popup message again I
noticed it said that 'Windows' has blocked the software! I think I should be
looking for a Windows setting rather than IE setting. The software that is
being blocked is a .cab file. I wonder what Windows setting might check for
invalid certificates?

Can anyone think of what Windows setting might be blocking the software?

"Jan Il" wrote:

> [...]
> > and I see the camera program. Then I get the message that the .cab has
> > been
> > blocked. I have entered the site as a trusted site and reset my security
> > settings to the lowest settings but still am not able to download the
> > .cab.
> > There is NO option to save the file to disk.
> >
> > ie. the camera program loads ok but it needs to download the .cab as a
> > viewer. This is a Samsung camera console unit that has a webserver and
> > dydns
> > server built in. The security certificate is out of date but this is a
> > legitimate program and I need to use it even if it is out of date. I have
> > saved the certificate to my trusted certificates but that doesn't help.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can workaround this problem??
> > There must be SOME way to allow this program!!

=?Utf-8?B?dGVjaDIzMg==?=

      29th Mar 2006
The answer is!!!!!!
Uninstall sp2, install the web cam software from the webcam site, then
reinstall sp2. BRAIN SURGERY WITH AN AXE!!

MS Chat support assures me that all of my programs will work after the
reinstall of sp2. We'll see??? Web Cam now works and downloading sp2
because of some MS question about using the CD that I already have. The
uninstall of sp2 was uneventful.

The problem is that I have to do this on several other computers. There
should be an easier way!

"tech232" wrote:

> [...]
> > > and I see the camera program. Then I get the message that the .cab has
> > > been
> > > blocked. I have entered the site as a trusted site and reset my security
> > > settings to the lowest settings but still am not able to download the
> > > .cab.
> > > There is NO option to save the file to disk.
> > >
> > > ie. the camera program loads ok but it needs to download the .cab as a
> > > viewer. This is a Samsung camera console unit that has a webserver and
> > > dydns
> > > server built in. The security certificate is out of date but this is a
> > > legitimate program and I need to use it even if it is out of date. I have
> > > saved the certificate to my trusted certificates but that doesn't help.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can workaround this problem??
> > > There must be SOME way to allow this program!!

Jan Il

      30th Mar 2006
Hi tech232 :-)

> The answer is!!!!!!
> Uninstall sp2, install the web cam software from the webcam site, then
> reinstall sp2. BRAIN SURGERY WITH AN AXE!!
>
> MS Chat support assures me that all of my programs will work after the
> reinstall of sp2. We'll see??? Web Cam now works and downloading sp2
> because of some MS question about using the CD that I already have. The
> uninstall of sp2 was uneventful.
>
> The problem is that I have to do this on several other computers. There
> should be an easier way!

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem. Good job!

Thank you very much for posting back and letting us know what worked for
you, and for the benefit of other readers who might have a similar problem.