Windows explorer will not start

RuBigdog

      28th Dec 2003
All of a sudden, my Windows explorer does not start. I
have Windows XP. After logging onto my PC, only the PC
background appears on the screen.

I attempted to manually start explorer by starting task
manager and running C:\windows\explorer without any
success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jim

      28th Dec 2003

file checker tool. Click start, run, and type in this
here; "sfc /scannow" with that space after the sfc. It
will ask for your XP CD to copy any needed files from, and
it runs as "windows file protection".

Matt Coy

      28th Dec 2003
Just a note Jim,

He can't go to Start and do that because the Explorer shell won't open.

Matt Coy, MCSE
Microsoft Aficionado
Associate Expert

news:013401c3cd1f$3816bb80$(E-Mail Removed)...

RuBigdog,

Try downloading and running this vbs script from Kelly's site and then
restart and see if your problem is fixed. You'll probably need to open IE
from task manager (iexplore).

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...top_fixall.vbs

Matt Coy, MCSE
Microsoft Aficionado
Associate Expert

"RuBigdog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03ea01c3cd08$72df86f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All of a sudden, my Windows explorer does not start. I
> have Windows XP. After logging onto my PC, only the PC
> background appears on the screen.
>
> I attempted to manually start explorer by starting task
> manager and running C:\windows\explorer without any
> success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

      30th Dec 2003
Since I do not have a Start menu, I was able to execute
the program from a DOS prompt by using Task Manager.
However, it did not resolve my problem. Does anyone have
any other suggestion beyond reinstallation?

New Member

      19th Oct 2011
You are all idiots...all you do is press alt+ctrl+delete. Press file then new task. In the field enter Explorer.exe and press enter...problem solved!!!

New Member

      19th Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampie View Post
You are all idiots...all you do is press alt+ctrl+delete. Press file then new task. In the field enter Explorer.exe and press enter...problem solved!!!
You must be noobs???