WINDOWS EXPLORER / INTERNET EXPLORER NO LONGER WORKING

=?Utf-8?B?bGFjeWphbmU=?=

      20th Jan 2005
I’ve been trying to post in these discussions, but my AOL keeps
disconnecting. So if this is the 3rd time you read this, sorry.

My Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are no longer opening. I’m not
sure if it’s an intrusion from an outside site or if it happened after I
downloaded SP2 (which I uninstalled, just to make sure – and the errors still
occur).

When I try to open these applications, here’s what I get: “Windows had
encountered a problem and must close” and click here for the technical detail
says: The following files will be included in the error report:
C:\documents and settings\myname\Temp\WER117.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt”. It
says this for both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer – the only
difference is the WER file (WER119).

Then the error log says for Internet Explorer “Faulting application
iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module kernel32.dll, version
5.1.2600.1560, fault address 0x000138b2.
The error log for Windows Explorer is exactly the same except for “faulting
application explorer.exe ………”

HELP!!!! It seems like this is something very simple to fix, and I just
can figure it out. I tried a restore point – didn’t work. I can’t to any
of my files because Windows Exp doesn’t work. I really don’t want to
restore the whole computer. It’s an Emachines that already had the software
installed – so I have no installation discs- Just a restore CD.

--
thank you

lacyjane

=?Utf-8?B?SnVhbg==?=

      20th Jan 2005
Service Pack 2 (DEP) will close WinExplorer....if everything isnt right. It
looks like a complete restore is in order.

"lacyjane" wrote:

> I’ve been trying to post in these discussions, but my AOL keeps
> disconnecting. So if this is the 3rd time you read this, sorry.
>
> My Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are no longer opening. I’m not
> sure if it’s an intrusion from an outside site or if it happened after I
> downloaded SP2 (which I uninstalled, just to make sure – and the errors still
> occur).
>
> When I try to open these applications, here’s what I get: “Windows had
> encountered a problem and must close” and click here for the technical detail
> says: The following files will be included in the error report:
> C:\documents and settings\myname\Temp\WER117.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt”. It
> says this for both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer – the only
> difference is the WER file (WER119).
>
> Then the error log says for Internet Explorer “Faulting application
> iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module kernel32.dll, version
> 5.1.2600.1560, fault address 0x000138b2.
> The error log for Windows Explorer is exactly the same except for “faulting
> application explorer.exe ………”
>
> HELP!!!! It seems like this is something very simple to fix, and I just
> can figure it out. I tried a restore point – didn’t work. I can’t to any
> of my files because Windows Exp doesn’t work. I really don’t want to
> restore the whole computer. It’s an Emachines that already had the software
> installed – so I have no installation discs- Just a restore CD.
>

> --
> thank you
>
> lacyjane

=?Utf-8?B?bGFjeWphbmU=?=

      22nd Jan 2005
Juan,

If I do a complete restore, how do I download my files (documents and
pictures) to a CD if I can't get into Windows Explorer to perform this action?