Windows Easy transfer

Viviandjw

      16th Feb 2010

I have a laptop with windows XP on it. I bought a tower that has Windows 7.
I downloaded windows easy transfer to my laptop. Everytime I try to run it,
it says that i am on a temporary profile and I have to restart to use it. I
have restarted 5 times now and I am getting close to going Wal-mart to get a
$40 data transfer cable. Any help would be nice.

Twayne

      17th Feb 2010

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Viviandjw <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> I have a laptop with windows XP on it. I bought a tower that has
> Windows 7. I downloaded windows easy transfer to my laptop. Everytime
> I try to run it, it says that i am on a temporary profile and I have
> to restart to use it. I have restarted 5 times now and I am getting
> close to going Wal-mart to get a $40 data transfer cable. Any help
> would be nice.

$40?!?! Jeex, that's a lot of money. If you need the cable give places like
Cyberguys.com or belkin.com a look-see. Or your favorite place for such
items. I was billed $0.00 for mine and it came with the win 7 disks.

Sorry I can't help with the other.

Twayne

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

glee

      17th Feb 2010
Look here:

Windows Easy Transfer says I am logged into a temporary profile
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...c-7d0a5fa8e3a5

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

news:(E-Mail Removed)...