Windows defender warning message

Jens Mller

      7th Jun 2008
Hi,

I am software developper. My software needs to install a redirect to
localhhost, adding a line to the hosts file. Immediately afterwards, Windows
Defender pops up, speking of a medium risk of spyware or similar, even if
the change was made by my software, run as elevated program.

Is there any posibility to assure to Windows Defender, that it is not bad
software and to not show these messages to the user?

Thanks

Bill Sanderson

      7th Jun 2008
I'm not sure of the answer, but here's the place to go to get it from
Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...v/default.mspx

None of the listed tools precisely fits your question--it might make sense
to submit a false positive report and see whether the response allows for
further dialog.

"Jens Mller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am software developper. My software needs to install a redirect to
> localhhost, adding a line to the hosts file. Immediately afterwards,
> Windows Defender pops up, speking of a medium risk of spyware or similar,
> even if the change was made by my software, run as elevated program.
>
> Is there any posibility to assure to Windows Defender, that it is not bad
> software and to not show these messages to the user?
>
> Thanks

Engel

      7th Jun 2008
Hello Jens,

False positive form for Windows Defender

<http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/isv/fpform.aspx>

EVERYONE is encouraged to use the false positive report form at the above
URL--it isn't just for vendors.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl