Windows Defender tray icon

=?Utf-8?B?S3VlMg==?=

      13th Nov 2007
My tray icon has suddenly stopped showing up in the icon tray.I can click on
windows defender
& the icon will appear in the taskbar icon tray.When I restart it is no
longer in the tray.Yes I have "always" checked in Options. How do I fix it so
the icon always shows in the taskbar tray?
I'm using Vista 64.
Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?TXIgQ2F0?=

      13th Nov 2007
I would be more inclined to blame Vista than Windows Defender. I have
encountered problems with system notification area icons disappearing in
Windows XP (no Microsoft fix available) and why should Vista be any
different. This may seem like a silly question, but have you tried changing
the WD icon to "always show"?