Windows Defender will not update

=?Utf-8?B?R2Fyb2xk?=

      21st Feb 2006
just installed Windows Defender on a XP pro SP2 computer. I t will not
update. Error message:0x8024001d. The system cannot write to specified
device. Any help is greatly appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsZXM=?=

      11th Mar 2006

"Garold" wrote:

> just installed Windows Defender on a XP pro SP2 computer. I t will not
> update. Error message:0x8024001d. The system cannot write to specified
> device. Any help is greatly appreciated.

After Installation, at first update, I got the same error msg: 0x8042001d:
das system kann nicht auf das angegebene Gerät schreiben (unable to write to
indicated item). Sorry, I have no idea to overcome.
help is very welcome

Bill Sanderson

      12th Mar 2006
Please try updating via Windows Update--do a custom scan and see if Windows
Defender definition updates are offered.

--

news:(E-Mail Removed)...