windows defender encountered error 0x8050800c

Adrian Bányácski

      17th Mar 2006
hi,
please could anybody help me with this problem ? I was simply install a
MICROSOFT DEFENDER at our SBS 2003 SERVER and when i run a test after a few
seconds defender reporting a window with this error: windows defender
encountered error 0x8050800c. I was try to find any acceptable solution in
this news group but not help me.
Thanks so Much,
Adrian Banyacski
(E-Mail Removed)
Windows Defender scan has encountered an error and terminated.

Scan ID: {4943E73E-E0F5-4B64-A7BB-AEDA661285F0}

Scan Type: AntiSpyware

Scan Parameters: Quick Scan

User: TNET\Banyacski

Error Code: 0x8050800c

Error description: An unexpected problem occurred. Install any available
updates, and then try to start the program again. (To check for updates,
click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.)

Další informace získáte v Centru pro nápovědu a pomoc na

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

      17th Mar 2006
Hello Adrian,

Is the partition type for the drive that contains the C: volume
"basic" or "dynamic"?

Еиçеl
--

"Adrian BĂĄnyĂĄcski" wrote:

> hi,
> please could anybody help me with this problem ? I was simply install a
> MICROSOFT DEFENDER at our SBS 2003 SERVER and when i run a test after a few
> seconds defender reporting a window with this error: windows defender
> encountered error 0x8050800c. I was try to find any acceptable solution in
> this news group but not help me.
> Thanks so Much,
> Adrian Banyacski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Windows Defender scan has encountered an error and terminated.
>
> Scan ID: {4943E73E-E0F5-4B64-A7BB-AEDA661285F0}
>
> Scan Type: AntiSpyware
>
> Scan Parameters: Quick Scan
>
> User: TNET\Banyacski
>
> Error Code: 0x8050800c
>
> Error description: An unexpected problem occurred. Install any available
> updates, and then try to start the program again. (To check for updates,
> click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.)
>

> DalšĂ* informace zĂ*skĂĄte v Centru pro nĂĄpovĂŹdu a pomoc na

Adrian Bányácski

      20th Mar 2006
basic

"Engel" <(E-Mail Removed)> píše v diskusním příspěvku
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Adrian,
>
> Is the partition type for the drive that contains the C: volume
> "basic" or "dynamic"?
>
> ??ç?l
> --
>
> "Adrian Bányácski" wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> please could anybody help me with this problem ? I was simply install a
>> MICROSOFT DEFENDER at our SBS 2003 SERVER and when i run a test after a
>> few
>> seconds defender reporting a window with this error: windows defender
>> encountered error 0x8050800c. I was try to find any acceptable solution
>> in
>> this news group but not help me.
>> Thanks so Much,
>> Adrian Banyacski
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> Windows Defender scan has encountered an error and terminated.
>>
>> Scan ID: {4943E73E-E0F5-4B64-A7BB-AEDA661285F0}
>>
>> Scan Type: AntiSpyware
>>
>> Scan Parameters: Quick Scan
>>
>> User: TNET\Banyacski
>>
>> Error Code: 0x8050800c
>>
>> Error description: An unexpected problem occurred. Install any available
>> updates, and then try to start the program again. (To check for updates,
>> click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.)
>>

>> Dal1í informace získáte v Centru pro nápovidu a pomoc na

Bill Sanderson

      20th Mar 2006
Run a chkdsk /f on the boot partition.

This may help, or it may not. If it does not I don't have a further
workaround.

--

"Adrian Bányácski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ufLXan$(E-Mail Removed)...
> basic
>
> "Engel" <(E-Mail Removed)> píše v diskusním příspěvku
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello Adrian,
>>
>> Is the partition type for the drive that contains the C: volume
>> "basic" or "dynamic"?
>>
>> ??ç?l
>> --
>>
>> "Adrian Bányácski" wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> please could anybody help me with this problem ? I was simply install a
>>> MICROSOFT DEFENDER at our SBS 2003 SERVER and when i run a test after a
>>> few
>>> seconds defender reporting a window with this error: windows defender
>>> encountered error 0x8050800c. I was try to find any acceptable solution
>>> in
>>> this news group but not help me.
>>> Thanks so Much,
>>> Adrian Banyacski
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Windows Defender scan has encountered an error and terminated.
>>>
>>> Scan ID: {4943E73E-E0F5-4B64-A7BB-AEDA661285F0}
>>>
>>> Scan Type: AntiSpyware
>>>
>>> Scan Parameters: Quick Scan
>>>
>>> User: TNET\Banyacski
>>>
>>> Error Code: 0x8050800c
>>>
>>> Error description: An unexpected problem occurred. Install any available
>>> updates, and then try to start the program again. (To check for updates,
>>> click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.)
>>>

>>> Dal1í informace získáte v Centru pro nápovidu a pomoc na
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Adrian Bányácski

      22nd Mar 2006
thanks a lot the problem was solved

"Bill Sanderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> píše v diskusním

Excellent--glad to hear it.