Windows Defender disbled by Microsoft Security Essentials?

James, Santa Barbara

      7th Jan 2010
A number of reputable websites recommend running multiple anti-spyware
programs. One I was running was Windows Defender but it kept being disabled?
Is this a purposeful process by MS Security Essentials?
--
J, Santa Barbara

Win XP Pro 32bit - P4 3.4G 64bit, RAM 4GB(2.87), WDC 1TB, NV GeForce 8400
GS, Audigy

MS Sec Essentials, WAU, Sec PSI, IE8, Silverlight, Flash, Java, CCleaner,
Registry Crawler

Bill Sanderson

      7th Jan 2010
Yes it is. Microsoft Security Essentials includes the protections provided
by Windows Defender and more.

"James, Santa Barbara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A number of reputable websites recommend running multiple anti-spyware
> programs. One I was running was Windows Defender but it kept being
> disabled?
> Is this a purposeful process by MS Security Essentials?
> --
> J, Santa Barbara
>
> Win XP Pro 32bit - P4 3.4G 64bit, RAM 4GB(2.87), WDC 1TB, NV GeForce 8400
> GS, Audigy
>
> MS Sec Essentials, WAU, Sec PSI, IE8, Silverlight, Flash, Java, CCleaner,
> Registry Crawler

Ǝиçεl

      7th Jan 2010
Hello James,

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and you install Microsoft Security
Essentials, the installation process will automatically disable (but not
uninstall) Windows Defender.
-=-

"James, Santa Barbara" wrote:

> A number of reputable websites recommend running multiple anti-spyware
> programs. One I was running was Windows Defender but it kept being disabled?
> Is this a purposeful process by MS Security Essentials?
> --
> J, Santa Barbara
>
> Win XP Pro 32bit - P4 3.4G 64bit, RAM 4GB(2.87), WDC 1TB, NV GeForce 8400
> GS, Audigy
>
> MS Sec Essentials, WAU, Sec PSI, IE8, Silverlight, Flash, Java, CCleaner,
> Registry Crawler

Ǝиçεl

      7th Jan 2010
Sorry for the break.

If you are using Windows XP and you download and install Windows Defender
and in addition you want to install Microsoft Security Essentials, you will
see a warning to uninstall Windows Defender before completing the
installation for Microsoft Security Essentials.

If you are running Microsoft Security Essentials, you do not need to run
Windows Defender. Microsoft Security Essentials is designed to disable
Windows Defender in order to manage the PC’s real-time protection, including
anti-virus, rootkits, Trojans and spyware.
-=-

Ǝиçəl
-=-