Windows Defender beta2 - Problems with Scanning

=?Utf-8?B?cHVycA==?=

      17th Feb 2006
I'm still getting the same problems...

"There might be a problem with Custom Scan. Whenever I tried to scan specific
folders it goes and scans all of C drive anyway.

Also I think there is a glitch with full scan. It got stuck twice on me
now, and it affects the floppy drive."

=?Utf-8?B?SlJvc2VuZmVsZA==?=

      17th Feb 2006
See my post dated 16 Feb, headed custom scan comments on the Announcements
board
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

"purp" wrote:

> I'm still getting the same problems...
>

> "There might be a problem with Custom Scan. Whenever I tried to scan specific
> folders it goes and scans all of C drive anyway.
>
> Also I think there is a glitch with full scan. It got stuck twice on me
> now, and it affects the floppy drive."

Bill Sanderson

      17th Feb 2006
I've seen the glitch you mention with the floppy drive myself. A possible
fix has been posted here by Steve Dodson, but I haven't had a chance to try
it myself. I'll post it here anyway:
--------

Can you try this?

1) Uninstall WD thru Add and Remove Programs

2) Launch cmd prompt

3) MsiExec.exe /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}

4) Delete all contents of Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates

5) Reinstall WD

Let me know if that works for you.
--
-steve