Windows Defender 0x800106ba error

=?Utf-8?B?TG91aXNl?=

      31st Dec 2006
my windows defender service is not working. Error message is:
"Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem has caused windows
defender service to stop. To restart the service restart or search help and
support on how to start the service manually."

How do I start the service manually?

Help....

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=

      31st Dec 2006
I have just encountered the same problem, so any help would be appreciated.....

"Louise" wrote:

> my windows defender service is not working. Error message is:
> "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem has caused windows
> defender service to stop. To restart the service restart or search help and
> support on how to start the service manually."
>
> How do I start the service manually?
>
> Help....

=?Utf-8?B?RGltZW5zaW9uIDExMDA=?=

      31st Dec 2006
Windows Defender beta expires today generating that fault code.
You need to now install the final version.
1. Use IE
2. Uninstall Defender with Add/Remove programs
3.Domn load from here:

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=

      31st Dec 2006
Many thanks, will try the new download.

"Dimension 1100" wrote:

> Windows Defender beta expires today generating that fault code.
> You need to now install the final version.
> 1. Use IE
> 2. Uninstall Defender with Add/Remove programs
> 3.Domn load from here:

=?Utf-8?B?bGFuZHNoYXJr?=

      31st Dec 2006

I also had the same problem this morning, when none of my computers would
complete the boot sequence properly (0x800106ba error) !
I have WINDOWS ONE CARE on these computers. Why were they not updated
automatically? At the very least a notification would of been nice.

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=

      31st Dec 2006
Hi,
Unfortumally that doesn't run...

History
last week I try to up grade defender but aech time it sid don(t found
defender.msi Impossible to upgrade...!!!
To Day when i start my PC I have the pop up :
" Application failed to initialize :0X800106ba. A problem caused Windows
Defender Service to stop . TO Start the service , restart your PC or search
Help and support on How to start a service manualy"
Restart did gived the same problem.
install (try) the new defender doesn't finish I did receved the same popup.

If you go in the program install and deinstall program from XP I found
defender
click on technical informations click repared it ask the CDrom
"windowsdefender disk !!! (I did never got one).
At this moment I copy the up grade but no possibility to install.

Thank you for help
Francis from Belgium

"Dimension 1100" wrote:

> Windows Defender beta expires today generating that fault code.
> You need to now install the final version.
> 1. Use IE
> 2. Uninstall Defender with Add/Remove programs
> 3.Domn load from here:

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

      31st Dec 2006
Hello Louise,

It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Please check your Time and Date
http://support.microsoft.com/default...307938&sd=tech

Have a look at this article.It may be relevant to your problem.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...1-210a5f6e14e1

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...6-6c73c403957f

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Еиçеl
--

"Louise" wrote:

> my windows defender service is not working. Error message is:
> "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem has caused windows
> defender service to stop. To restart the service restart or search help and
> support on how to start the service manually."
>
> How do I start the service manually?
>
> Help....

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuMg==?=

      31st Dec 2006
I'VE GOT THE SOLUTION - FROM MICROSOFT!
1. Go to www.microsoft.com
2. In the Search Window (upper right corner), type: windows installer cleanup
3. Click on the first heading, "Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility".
4. Scroll down and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
package now."
5. Save it to your Desktop or any folder you wish.
6. Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
7. A window will pop up. Scroll down to the Windows Defender line.
8. Select or highlight that line (I had two such entries).
9. Click the Remove button. Then click the Exit button.
10. Go to www.microsoft.com and download and install the new Windows
Defender program Version 1.1.1593.0
11. That's it. Happy computing.

"Louise" wrote:

> my windows defender service is not working. Error message is:
> "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem has caused windows
> defender service to stop. To restart the service restart or search help and
> support on how to start the service manually."
>
> How do I start the service manually?
>
> Help....

=?Utf-8?B?c25ldGVy?=

      31st Dec 2006
Thanks to everyone on this thread. You've really helped. I'm sure thousands
are having the same problem today.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Louise,
>

> It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>

> Please check your Time and Date
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...307938&sd=tech
>

> Have a look at this article.It may be relevant to your problem.
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...1-210a5f6e14e1
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...6-6c73c403957f
>

> For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Еиçеl
> --
>
> "Louise" wrote:
>
> > my windows defender service is not working. Error message is:
> > "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem has caused windows
> > defender service to stop. To restart the service restart or search help and
> > support on how to start the service manually."
> >
> > How do I start the service manually?
> >
> > Help....

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=

      31st Dec 2006
Hi ken
than's for your help
Iddo done what you write but I did have the same problem
Thank's for helping
regards
francis