Windows Cannot Start File Missing or Corrupt

Andrew

      1st Apr 2005
I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover user
the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File missing or corrupt
Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a new hard drive due to
problems experienced in the past so I am confident that the drive is OK, in
fact I am fairly confident that all the hardware is OK as I never had a
single problem with Windows ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to
shutdown very very fast; could this be too fast and causing some corruption?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Wesley Vogel

      2nd Apr 2005
How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
starting

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover
> user the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File
> missing or corrupt Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a
> new hard drive due to problems experienced in the past so I am
> confident that the drive is OK, in fact I am fairly confident that
> all the hardware is OK as I never had a single problem with Windows
> ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to shutdown very very fast;
> could this be too fast and causing some corruption?
>
> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

Andrew

      2nd Apr 2005
Thanks for pointing out the MS KB article however my original posts ststaes
that I have recovered my installation; I know want to know if a fast
shutdown could be causing problems.

Thanks,

Andy

"Wesley Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OGi%(E-Mail Removed)...
> How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
> starting

> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
>> I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover
>> user the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File
>> missing or corrupt Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a
>> new hard drive due to problems experienced in the past so I am
>> confident that the drive is OK, in fact I am fairly confident that
>> all the hardware is OK as I never had a single problem with Windows
>> ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to shutdown very very fast;
>> could this be too fast and causing some corruption?
>>
>> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andy

Wesley Vogel

      2nd Apr 2005
Beats me, Andy. Most people complain about slow shut downs.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for pointing out the MS KB article however my original posts
> ststaes that I have recovered my installation; I know want to know
> if a fast shutdown could be causing problems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy
>

> "Wesley Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OGi%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP
>> from starting
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> Andrew <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
>>> I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to
>>> recover user the recovery console because Windows couldn't start
>>> (File missing or corrupt Windows\System32\Config). I have
>>> reinstalled on a new hard drive due to problems experienced in the
>>> past so I am confident that the drive is OK, in fact I am fairly
>>> confident that all the hardware is OK as I never had a single
>>> problem with Windows ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to
>>> shutdown very very fast; could this be too fast and causing some
>>> corruption?
>>>
>>> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Andy

Andrew

      2nd Apr 2005
I wondered if XP could be shutting down software wise before the hardware
(i.e. hard drive) had finished writing. Is this likely I have a RAID 0
configuration.

Thanks,

Andy

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...