Windows can not load

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuZHk=?=

      19th Nov 2005
When I start my computer I get an error message that says that windows could
not start because the following files are missing or corrupt
windows root system 32hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.
I have a restoration disk but don't know what else to do.
Any help would be appreciated!

John Barnett MVP

      19th Nov 2005
Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
button and take a look at quesion 36. Now you need to use the recovery
console which you don't have (this is not available on restoration disks). A
way around the problem is to download the 6 Windows XP setup floppy disks
and use this to install recovery console. You can download these from
www.bootdisk.com. Make sure you download the correct disks for your
operating system - either XP Home or XP Pro. If you don't have a floppy
drive, then you may have to restore your sysetm from scratch using your
restoration disk.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

"Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I start my computer I get an error message that says that windows
> could
> not start because the following files are missing or corrupt
> windows root system 32hal.dll.
> Please re-install a copy of the above file.
> I have a restoration disk but don't know what else to do.
> Any help would be appreciated!

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuZHk=?=

      19th Nov 2005
Thanks a lot. I don't have a floppy drive so what would I have to do then? Or
does it give directions on the website?

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
> button and take a look at quesion 36. Now you need to use the recovery
> console which you don't have (this is not available on restoration disks). A
> way around the problem is to download the 6 Windows XP setup floppy disks
> and use this to install recovery console. You can download these from
> www.bootdisk.com. Make sure you download the correct disks for your
> operating system - either XP Home or XP Pro. If you don't have a floppy
> drive, then you may have to restore your sysetm from scratch using your
> restoration disk.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>
> The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
> either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
> direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
> of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..
>

> "Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I start my computer I get an error message that says that windows
> > could
> > not start because the following files are missing or corrupt
> > windows root system 32hal.dll.
> > Please re-install a copy of the above file.
> > I have a restoration disk but don't know what else to do.
> > Any help would be appreciated!

=?Utf-8?B?RGl4b25pYW42OQ==?=

      19th Nov 2005
John B told you what to do if you don't have a floppy drive (in his last
sentence).
"If you don't have a floppy drive, then you may have to restore your system
from scratch using your restoration disk."

Other option, buy a floppy drive and put in computer, if you have room
inside your computer.

--
Dennis S.
I''m from Illinois. I hope I helped you. Good Luck.

"Mandy" wrote:

> Thanks a lot. I don't have a floppy drive so what would I have to do then? Or
> does it give directions on the website?
>
> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
> > Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
> > button and take a look at quesion 36. Now you need to use the recovery
> > console which you don't have (this is not available on restoration disks). A
> > way around the problem is to download the 6 Windows XP setup floppy disks
> > and use this to install recovery console. You can download these from
> > www.bootdisk.com. Make sure you download the correct disks for your
> > operating system - either XP Home or XP Pro. If you don't have a floppy
> > drive, then you may have to restore your sysetm from scratch using your
> > restoration disk.
> >
> > --
> > John Barnett MVP
> > Associate Expert
> > http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> >
> > The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
> > either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> > reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
> > direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
> > of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..
> >

> > "Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > When I start my computer I get an error message that says that windows
> > > could
> > > not start because the following files are missing or corrupt
> > > windows root system 32hal.dll.
> > > Please re-install a copy of the above file.
> > > I have a restoration disk but don't know what else to do.
> > > Any help would be appreciated!

John Barnett MVP

      19th Nov 2005
Without a floppy drive you will be unable to repair the system. To do this
repair you either need a retail copy of Windows XP or the 6 floppy disks so
that you can access Recovery Console and rebuild the boot ini file. In this
situation all that you can do is reinstall the operating system via your
restoration disc. While a floppy disk is useful for emergencies you may only
use it once, so you have to consider whether it is worth purchasing a
standalone floppy disk drive or whether, ultimately, it would be quicker to
simply reinstall the operating system. Hopefully you have backup copies of
any important files/documents?

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

"Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks a lot. I don't have a floppy drive so what would I have to do then?
> Or
> does it give directions on the website?
>
> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
>> Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
>> button and take a look at quesion 36. Now you need to use the recovery
>> console which you don't have (this is not available on restoration
>> disks). A
>> way around the problem is to download the 6 Windows XP setup floppy disks
>> and use this to install recovery console. You can download these from
>> www.bootdisk.com. Make sure you download the correct disks for your
>> operating system - either XP Home or XP Pro. If you don't have a floppy
>> drive, then you may have to restore your sysetm from scratch using your
>> restoration disk.
>>
>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>>
>> The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
>> kind,
>> either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
>> reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for
>> any
>> direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
>> use
>> of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..
>>

>> "Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > When I start my computer I get an error message that says that windows
>> > could
>> > not start because the following files are missing or corrupt
>> > windows root system 32hal.dll.
>> > Please re-install a copy of the above file.
>> > I have a restoration disk but don't know what else to do.
>> > Any help would be appreciated!

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuZHk=?=

      19th Nov 2005
Thanks, but I guess what I'm asking is how to do that exactly. When I load
the disk it doesn't read. Is there a certain key sequence that I need to use
to use the restoration disk?

"Dixonian69" wrote:

> John B told you what to do if you don't have a floppy drive (in his last
> sentence).
> "If you don't have a floppy drive, then you may have to restore your system
> from scratch using your restoration disk."
>
> Other option, buy a floppy drive and put in computer, if you have room
> inside your computer.
>

> --
> Dennis S.
> I''m from Illinois. I hope I helped you. Good Luck.
>

> "Mandy" wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot. I don't have a floppy drive so what would I have to do then? Or
> > does it give directions on the website?
> >
> > "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
> > > button and take a look at quesion 36. Now you need to use the recovery
> > > console which you don't have (this is not available on restoration disks). A
> > > way around the problem is to download the 6 Windows XP setup floppy disks
> > > and use this to install recovery console. You can download these from
> > > www.bootdisk.com. Make sure you download the correct disks for your
> > > operating system - either XP Home or XP Pro. If you don't have a floppy
> > > drive, then you may have to restore your sysetm from scratch using your
> > > restoration disk.
> > >
> > > --
> > > John Barnett MVP
> > > Associate Expert
> > > http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> > >
> > > The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
> > > either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> > > reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
> > > direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
> > > of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..
> > >

> > > "Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?RGl4b25pYW42OQ==?=

      19th Nov 2005
To use the Recovery CD that you have, you have to boot up with the recovery
cd in your "first" cd/cdr drive. Some computers you may have to change your
BIOS so that the CD/CDR is the first boot device. Computers vary in ways to
enter computer bios. On some you press "Del", others maybe "F10". Watch for a
message at bottom of screen when computer starts up. You may have to hit key
several times. if it trys to boot. you will have to restart and retry. It
flashes by quickly. You can hit the "Pause" key to stop and "Space bar" to
release. Once in BIOS, you have to look for option to boot first from CD/cdr
drive. Make sure you save changes. Once computer is fixed you should go back
and reset to original setting.

You will probably get message/prompt to "hit any key". Do so. this should
make the computer boot to and read CD/CDRrom with Recovery CD in drive.

Can't help you with the exact selections to make on Recovery CD menu. You
need to read information with recovery cd or other literature, or contact
computer mfg for help.

--

"Mandy" wrote:

> Thanks, but I guess what I'm asking is how to do that exactly. When I load
> the disk it doesn't read. Is there a certain key sequence that I need to use
> to use the restoration disk?
>
> "Dixonian69" wrote:
>
> > John B told you what to do if you don't have a floppy drive (in his last
> > sentence).
> > "If you don't have a floppy drive, then you may have to restore your system
> > from scratch using your restoration disk."
> >
> > Other option, buy a floppy drive and put in computer, if you have room
> > inside your computer.
> >

> > --
> > Dennis S.
> > I''m from Illinois. I hope I helped you. Good Luck.
> >

> > "Mandy" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks a lot. I don't have a floppy drive so what would I have to do then? Or
> > > does it give directions on the website?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuZHk=?=

      19th Nov 2005
Thank you both so much. I'll try all of this when I get home from work today!

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Without a floppy drive you will be unable to repair the system. To do this
> repair you either need a retail copy of Windows XP or the 6 floppy disks so
> that you can access Recovery Console and rebuild the boot ini file. In this
> situation all that you can do is reinstall the operating system via your
> restoration disc. While a floppy disk is useful for emergencies you may only
> use it once, so you have to consider whether it is worth purchasing a
> standalone floppy disk drive or whether, ultimately, it would be quicker to
> simply reinstall the operating system. Hopefully you have backup copies of
> any important files/documents?
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>
> The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
> either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
> direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
> of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..
>

> "Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks a lot. I don't have a floppy drive so what would I have to do then?
> > Or
> > does it give directions on the website?
> >
> > "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq
> >> button and take a look at quesion 36. Now you need to use the recovery
> >> console which you don't have (this is not available on restoration
> >> disks). A
> >> way around the problem is to download the 6 Windows XP setup floppy disks
> >> and use this to install recovery console. You can download these from
> >> www.bootdisk.com. Make sure you download the correct disks for your
> >> operating system - either XP Home or XP Pro. If you don't have a floppy
> >> drive, then you may have to restore your sysetm from scratch using your
> >> restoration disk.
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Barnett MVP
> >> Associate Expert
> >> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> >>
> >> The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> >> kind,
> >> either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> >> reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for
> >> any
> >> direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> >> use
> >> of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..
> >>

> >> "Mandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

abuna caleb

      12th Nov 2006