Windows antivirus Pro virus

Mikee

      10th Sep 2009
I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
My OS is XP
My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
?
If so Thanks in advance.

Elmo

      10th Sep 2009
Mikee wrote:
> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
> My OS is XP
> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
> ?
> If so Thanks in advance.

Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
(using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
you think that's the problem:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootab...download-list/

Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no problem.

Then run these:

Malwarebytes© Corporation

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

--
Joe =o)

duke

      10th Sep 2009
If your internet is still working, you can try using a free virus scan
from Trend Micro called "House Call"

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Good Luck

Duke

On Sep 9, 7:26*pm, Mikee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
> My OS is XP
> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
> ?
> If so Thanks in advance.

Ken Blake, MVP

      10th Sep 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:26:01 -0700, Mikee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
> My OS is XP
> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
> ?
> If so Thanks in advance.

You are infected with a piece of malware called "Windows antivirus
Pro." You can find instructions to get rid of it here,
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-wind...virus-pro.html or at other sites
Google will find for you.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

jinxy

      10th Sep 2009
On Sep 9, 9:56*pm, "Ken Blake, MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:26:01 -0700, Mikee
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
> > antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
> > My OS is XP
> > My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
> > network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
> > run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
> > ?
> > If so Thanks in advance.

> You are infected with a piece of malware called "Windows antivirus
> Pro." You can find instructions to get rid of it here,http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-wind...rus-pro.htmlor at other sites
> Google will find for you.
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Try : http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php works great. There
is a list of pests it deals with on the page.-J

PA Bear [MS MVP]

      10th Sep 2009

3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Mikee wrote:
> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install
> Windows
> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
> My OS is XP
> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable
> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than
> reformat ?
> If so Thanks in advance.

Barry Schwarz

      12th Sep 2009
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:44:05 -0700, "The Real Truth MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
>Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
>http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

--
Remove del for email

naancydcosta@gmail.com

      3rd Aug 2012
On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
> My OS is XP
> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
> ?
> If so Thanks in advance.

It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual methods if you are a novice as it can be risky.
Read more:http://www.spywarescansoftware.com/u...emoval-from-pc

David H. Lipman

      3rd Aug 2012
From: <(E-Mail Removed)>

> On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
>> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
>> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
>> My OS is XP
>> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
>> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
>> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
>> ?
>> If so Thanks in advance.

> It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual methods if you are a
> novice as it can be risky. Read more:hXXp://www.spywarescansoftware.com/uninstall-windows-antivirus-machine-complete-guidelines-for-windows-antivirus-machine-removal-from-pc

Google idiot...

These FakeAlerts are trojans, not viruses.

This post is nothing more than spam for a product is unknown and whose website has been up
for only 3 months (May 3, 2012) for an article by "James Scott" written Today and I
wouln't be surprised if the true persona behind the 'nym "James Scott" is behind the
poster (E-Mail Removed).

BSNL India - says it all 'cause

ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
individual
piyush jain
K-802,AWHO Appartment,Sector-49,
Near South City II,Sohna Road
gurgaon
Haryana
122018
IN
Phone: +91.9507036101
Email Address: (E-Mail Removed)

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Chris S.

      3rd Aug 2012

> From: <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
>>> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install
>>> Windows
>>> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
>>> My OS is XP
>>> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
>>> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable
>>> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than
>>> reformat
>>> ?
>>> If so Thanks in advance.

>> It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual
>> methods if you are a
>> novice as it can be risky. Read
>> more:hXXp://www.spywarescansoftware.com/uninstall-windows-antivirus-machine-complete-guidelines-for-windows-antivirus-machine-removal-from-pc

> Google idiot...
>
> These FakeAlerts are trojans, not viruses.
>
> This post is nothing more than spam for a product is unknown and whose
> website has been up for only 3 months (May 3, 2012) for an article by
> "James Scott" written Today and I wouln't be surprised if the true persona
> behind the 'nym "James Scott" is behind the poster (E-Mail Removed).

> BSNL India - says it all 'cause
>
> ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
> individual
> piyush jain